View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
StrokerAce reporting for duty 
DARKie

Post StrokerAce reporting for duty
1. In game name
StrokerAce

2. RL First Name (optional):
Daniel

3. RL Age (optional):

4. Email address where we can reach you:
daniel (at) pritchetts (dot) us

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
Central time (Memphis, TN). I work 8-5 Monday through Friday so you'll typically see me on for an hour or three most nights and weekends with the occasional 15 minute run before work.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
I was in a quick gal drop with Roland/Crusher last night before bed. They were both nice and described the outfit to me. I liked what I heard and what I've read on the site. Specifically I am interested in an outfit with mature players who are organized yet understanding of the demands of a working life. I have only recently become a responsible adult :wink: and I have found that I no longer have the time nor energy to keep up with full time gamers.

Oh, and I'm going to see the Transporter 2 tonight with a coworker on a giant screen so don't expect me on after 9:20 central

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
I'm married and my wife's PC sits right behind mine so while I have TS installed I will not be the most talkative guy when she's in the room. I'm also taking a course online to finish up my MS in Computer Science. That is broadcast live Thursday nights so I may be out occasionally due to homework/lecture. I don't always watch the broadcasts live as I can download them to review later. The course will be done by early December. My wife is just starting an MFA program in painting so she will be doing homework right next to me nightly for the next few years.

I have played PS off and on for about two years now but I have not had enough experience with a regular outfit. I have until now played with the fine gentlemen of the Qt3 outfit on NC/Markov (great forums, full of adult gamers and game reviewers/developers). Most of us are older professionals who play after work. Unfortunately, Qt3 members have never had a very consistent presence in PS because Planetside to them has been a diversion rather than a focus, something to be played between Next Big Thing games like WoW. I came to Emerald/VS on the recommendation of a Qt3 friend who is in Azure Twilight (AT) but I am not sure that my play style is consistent with their rigid discipline. I would love to squad up with people and have a good time using creative ways to win fights but they seem focused on practicing Gal drops and MAX crashes to the exclusion of all else. I would like an outfit where I might be permitted to drive something other than a Galaxy every once in a while. My NC/Markov character is also named StrokerAce and is currently BR16/CR1. He usually switches implants twice a night and certs every 24 hours if possible!

Also, the NC are no fun! I never really enjoyed the Jackhammer and I've always wanted to try the Magrider and Lasher. I started up on Emerald/VS last night and I'm halfway to BR5 now.

My favorite certs have historically been Assault Buggy, Armor 1/2, Combat Engineering, Ground Support, Infil Suit, and Special Assault.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:21 am
DARKie

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield, and saying the word "Stroker" as often as possible.

Cheers, see you in game.

You're on the boards now, so just refresh your browser and see our outfit only forums.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:35 am
DARKie

Hey, Stroker. Glad to see you made it to the boards without any trouble. We'll be looking for you in-game.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:21 am
DARKie

Thanx for looking us up Stroker! Please look for Mal or Crush in game since I will be AFK through the weekend.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:40 am

Welcome.....

Wasn't that the Burt Reynolds Nascar movie? Or was it the Kenny Rogers one?

Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:28 pm
DARKie

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:32 pm
DARKie

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:38 pm
DARKie

Stroker Ace......

Welcome.....

Wasn't that the Burt Reynolds Nascar movie? Or was it the Kenny Rogers one?

That is indeed Burt Reynolds post Bandit days.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:58 pm
DARKie

Man, I used to lay that everywhere. The grey part was transparent too, I loved that.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:15 pm
DARKie

Stroker mmm? suppose I cant comment with my name!

Welcome to DARK man, hope you like it!

(I christen you ACE)

:cheers:

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:03 pm
Alliance Member

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:25 pm
My old Counter-Strike spray, circa 2001:

Man, I used to lay that everywhere. The grey part was transparent too, I loved that.

Thats the movie where Burt has to race in a chicken suit....the Kenny Rogers one was with the kids.......

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:30 pm
Celestial Fire

The one with Kenny Rogers was Six Pack (I think).

[url="http://65.222.202.66/famfriends/music/mp3/Charlie%20Daniels%20Band/A%20Decade%20of%20Hits/Charlie%20Daniels%20Band%20-%20Stroker%27s%20Theme.mp3"]Here's the Stroker Theme[/url]

Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]