View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
An application, so to speak. 
Post An application, so to speak.
1. In game name (login name should be the same):

Irmageddon

2. RL First Name (optional):

Doug. It's a pleasure.

3. RL Age (optional):

21. Rock.

4. Email address where we can reach you:

disgruntledjuicer@gmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:

I live in a suberb of philadelphia, so, eastern. I play two to three hours per day, five or six days per week, but I split my time up, half VS half TR, so I'd probably only play as Irmageddon three or four days per week

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

Well a few weeks ago, I ran into one of your members outside of a tower who repaired my starfire. Sadly, I don't remember his name. He mentioned that he liked my forum posts and that he thought I'd fit in here. Then, when I mentioned on the PS forums I was interested in an outfit, DreadedPS messaged me and told me a bit about you guys, and you seem fairly snazzy.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?

Well, here's the thing. I've been playing a very long time, and I've only been in an outfit about three months at the beginning of retail. I have a very hard time playing with morons, who are abundant in this game, which is why I play solo fairly exclusively. The other factor is that I enjoy the freedom of playing solo, in the sense that if I want to go afk for twenty minutes at a base to say have a smoke or whatnot, I don't feel as if I'm putting anybody else off. However, without good conversation, I'm beginning to get bored. I am a team player, I'm polite and conscientious, but at the same time I freely admit I'm not the type of person who takes well to people expecting me to listen to every order, which is one of the reasons I left the original outfit I was in. This is a game, and I play it for my own enjoyment. I honestly don't feel this will be much of a conflict, as long as people aren't barking orders at me all the time. I do have TS, but I don't have a mic just yet. I plan to buy one sometime this weekend. I feel I'll fit in fairly well here, and if by some chance the outfit doesn't mesh with me, I'm not the type who bitches and moans and curses or forum whores trying to slander people, frankly, that's petty and immature. If it wouldn't work out, it's as simple as saying "thank you for the oppurtunity, good luck in the future" and parting ways amicably. Basically, I'd just like the chance to play/squad with a group of people who are polar opposites from the typical "l33t dud3" persona.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:50 pm
DARKie

DreadedPS is Malign here. Too bad sony wont allow name changes. I use a new name now too. :P

It sounds like you will like DARK. Hope to see you in game!

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:58 pm
DARKie

We'd have to take "not taking every order" on a closer look, but in our defense there is rarely an "order" given and if it is, there's usually a good reason. We're pros, and generally our SL's just steer us in the right direction.

Certainly in game send us a tell and squad up a few times if you'd like. Yep, DreadedPS (dreaded is my TR guy) is me.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:05 pm
I didn't mean to be so forward with that statement, I just thought it best that everything was made clear at the beginning. For instance, if I'm squadding, I do what the squad leader tells us to do, that I don't have a problem with.

What I generally mean, is, say for instance I log on one night and I know I don't plan on being on for very long or I'm feeling sick or just plain "not quite with it", mentally, or something of that nature, and want to play solo that night (which I can't imagine would happen to often, considering the whole reason I'm applying is so that I'll people to squad with and talk to), I just don't expect to be told "No, you HAVE to squad, join them now!" or anything like that, which I don't think is at all an unreasonable expectation.

However, that last outfit I was in all those years ago tried to tell me what I should cert, when I should squad, basically tried to dictate when, where and how I played, and I didn't take kindly to it. Basically tried to act as if just because I was in the outfit that he was my lord and master. As long as people have the same respect and consideration that I give them, all is well.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:16 pm
DARKie

We're fine with that. I think everyone has a day every so often when they just want to do their own thing and that's ok with us. You'll pretty much always get a "Hi" and an invite when you log on, and while we'd like you to join the squad, its ok to explain that you're going to go solo for a bit. Additionally, as Mal noted, DARK tends not to tell people what to cert or give specific directions. The SL/PL will set WPs and you'll be expected to head there, but you generally won't be micromanaged.

That having been said, we do pride ourselves on our ability to run tightly coordinated maunvers when the circumstances demand it. When someone starts barking orders, its time to snap to it, because it doesn't happen often, so there's probably a good reason for it.

Finally, we ask that everyone use TeamSpeak. You don't have to talk on it, but we ask that you at least listen.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:02 pm
Well, I'll be on tonight as Irmageddon, so feel free to message me or what have you.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:33 pm
DARKie

Welcome Aboard Irma. We did some great work being a pair of AA MAXes at Ghannon :-). Look forward to playing with ya again!

Remember that one time we were in that Mag together? Yeah, those were good times.
Lets do it again!

Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:49 pm
DARKie

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:43 pm
DARKie

Glad to have ya with us Irmageddon, the single one thing I enjoyed about DARK when I first looked into it was the maturity level, and that comes from selective recruiting which is nice. At any rate, have fun!

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:29 am
Profile ICQ

I've had nothing less than a stellar experience to this point, and I have absolutely zero regrets over deciding to join an outfit again, which I felt I might.

Everybody has been a pleasure to play with and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:17 pm
DARKie

4. Email address where we can reach you:
disgruntledjuicer@gmail.com

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

Well a few weeks ago, I ran into one of your members outside of a tower who repaired my starfire. Sadly, I don't remember his name. He mentioned that he liked my forum posts and that he thought I'd fit in here. Then, when I mentioned on the PS forums I was interested in an outfit, DreadedPS messaged me and told me a bit about you guys, and you seem fairly snazzy.

Hey, I'm glad you made it!

That person who repaired your Starfire and invited you was me. I think your contribution to the PS forums is good and I think you'll enjoy your stay in DARK.

May I assume by your email address that you played RIFTS? I played a juicer for a couple of years, great fun.

Anyhow, welcome aboard, I look forward to gaming with you.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]