View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Uri - update 
DARKie

Post Uri - update
This is for everyone who played PS1 cuz I doubt anyone else knows me :)
I just wanted to say thank you to DARK, to the officers, to Wease, to everyone who squadded with us, I owe you more than I can say.
Planetside for me has been a coping mechanism. Roland I am sure remembers me logging on night after night, drunk to the point I couldn't aim a lasher because it was the only way I could handle my life. Planetside was the only place I could get away from the depression, the thing that was trying to kill me, the people and pressures in my life that were taking a painful situation and making it unlivable.
You guys joked around with me, you took me back again and again when I lost my marbles and flipped out.
You guys were (and are) my internet family, the family that understood because we were here to kill bad guys.
I don't think I would have made it through college if I hadn't had Planetside, I wouldn't have stayed with Planetside if I didn't have DARK.
I finished my Bachelors degree after 8 years of trying. I just got a job as a Systems Admin, I am hoping to cut back my meds slowly over the next few years.
PS 2 just doesn't do it for me, but I will treasure my memories of PS 1 forever.. things like...

Malign accidentally OSing our 30 man platoon when we dropped on a base to resecure.
Resecuring bases with 20 seconds on the timer again and again, outnumbered, against the best outfits the TR and NC could muster.
The Andvari song
"Bombing" for Mal (suicidal bastard)
"accidentally" shooting OBD in the back
Watching Mouser sneak into a base with 120 TR and drop the gen, then holding that gen with a small platoon of DARKies.
Yelling at idiots in global
and so many other things.

I rarely log into the boards, but if you want to keep in touch PM me and I will give you my email address.

/logout

Uri

AIM : Serialkitten2
Xfire : Uri
Steam : vdawwg
Live : taintedpride

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:57 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Uri - update
Holy crap. Something happened to my OS and I haven't been able to log on the DARK site for months. Prez (my brother) takes care of my problem and I log on for the first time in forever and low and behold here lies a post of one of my most LOYAL, funny, dedicated, kick ass Officers! What's the odds? Fun times for certain Uri, never forgotten. Is it time to hack Andvari?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Hi OBD :)
I am glad to hear from you, I know we both have had words with eachother, but I also know both of us loved our outfit and the game, and I enjoyed working with you to keep them alive.
I hope someday a MMOFPS comes out with the magnitude of PS1 that will be worth coming back to, I am afraid the last time I hacked Andvari was months ago, and I was one of 4 people online.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 am
DARKie

Well I guess I'll jump in here with the old schoolers. I'm in the same boat as you Uri as far as PS2 goes, it just doesn't do it for me. I really do miss running with you guys in PS1 late at night, and am looking forward to the next time we can all hook up.

--Wolfpack

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:35 pm
DARKie

Been gone for awhile, but same here Uri....i really miss the old PS1 days and all of you. I miss joking around with Mouser and OBD or anyone else on a nightly basis. Sadly nothing has compared to it and I often find myself very bored with all the new games and just don't game much anymore. Best way to reach me is on Facebook if anyone wants a game night.

Darkvenom
Facebook as Mike Donally :)

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm
DARKie

Planetside 2 is still improving. It's in a fairly stable state for once and every patch makes it a bit more infantry friendly. If any of you guys feel like coming back and playing, we're still active. I'm thinking about trying to rig up a public calendar for the website so people know when ops will be, and anyone who wants to lead can sign up.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

DarkVenom wrote:
Been gone for awhile, but same here Uri....i really miss the old PS1 days and all of you. I miss joking around with Mouser and OBD or anyone else on a nightly basis. Sadly nothing has compared to it and I often find myself very bored with all the new games and just don't game much anymore. Best way to reach me is on Facebook if anyone wants a game night.

Darkvenom
Facebook as Mike Donally :)

Just FYI... they are trying to organize another PS1 event.

Just thought the PS1 diehards might want to have some fun.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I randomly check each game from time to time to see whos on, but im all for special event nights....with beer! :)

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:00 pm
DARKie

O great, more drunk racing with Venom, lol.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 pm
DARKie

I downloaded all the updates for ps2 and logged in 2 different times to check out Hossin. Locked both times. WTF is that about? New cont but you can't even check it out? And ps2 has added even more crap now to the game that I have no clue what to cert/do with. PS1 = simple. Grab your Heavy assault weapon for indoor battles, and medium assault for outdoors, point and shoot. Now you have 40 guns to choose from, and 8 million attachments to boot. Is that honestly what gamers want now? I'd rather spend my time strategizing(sp) than decorating my weapons/vehicles.....just my 2 cents.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Well, if you can't handle it... :dontknow: :glasses7:

And why are you advertising for imageshack now? :P

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 am
DARKie

"can't handle it"?? How much reading would I have to do to even figure out what everything is and what it does? Then there's the reality that much of it is probably OP or nerfed, so you have all those threads, it's just a pain in the ass. That's a lot of work to do before you can even get in the game, and then you do and you can't even get to the cont you want to see? /disappointed

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

OneBadDude wrote:
How much reading would I have to do to even figure out what everything is and what it does?

What? PS1 didn't have a learning curve? :?

Don't let the options fool ya... there really isn't much difference unless you are into the minutia and a min/max type of player. At the end of the day, you are talking about miniscule differences. Situational awareness, positioning, use of cover and superior aim will still trump any attachment choices or differences in weapons.

Since you prefer heavy.... to be honest, not much has really changed much there for awhile.

Just use Orion... it's pretty much agreed upon as one of the best LMGs in the game. Pair that with the default S1 and you are pretty set for indoor combat.

Heavy is the most straightforward class... See target, shoot target, if you get shot at, pop shield and shoot target.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Calisai wrote:
OneBadDude wrote:
How much reading would I have to do to even figure out what everything is and what it does?

What? PS1 didn't have a learning curve? :?

Don't let the options fool ya... there really isn't much difference unless you are into the minutia and a min/max type of player. At the end of the day, you are talking about miniscule differences. Situational awareness, positioning, use of cover and superior aim will still trump any attachment choices or differences in weapons.

Since you prefer heavy.... to be honest, not much has really changed much there for awhile.

Just use Orion... it's pretty much agreed upon as one of the best LMGs in the game. Pair that with the default S1 and you are pretty set for indoor combat.

Heavy is the most straightforward class... See target, shoot target, if you get shot at, pop shield and shoot target.

That's good to know. PS1 was point and shoot Cal, and compared to PS2, much easier to learn because there were a lot less options.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

OBD, if you want help learning anything just ask. I think you're being a little dramatic here, though. Honestly, just pick a gun and start killing people. I tend to focus on 2 guns at a time until I get the Auraxium medal on one of them. One for short-mid range and one for mid-long. If you want a recommendation for HA, just stick with the Orion. The stock weapons for every class are pretty damn solid to be honest. Just keep it simple 'til you're more comfortable. Shotguns are easy to pick up and use, too. Grab a Thanatos and start spraying.

You'd been clamoring for continent locking for ages, then we finally get it and you're pissed that it's working? What's up with that? This is the first step towards an intercontinental lattice, if one is ever to be. It's also really good for consolidating the late night and early morning population so it's always possible to find a fight. If you just want to explore, jump on Test Server.

Here if you need me. Just shout.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next