View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Valkyrie preview 
DARKie

Post Valkyrie preview
Doesn't animate, but shows size comparison and some damage dealing weapons currently on it (hey, not all are full price...right now).

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/550562649?t=34m40s

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:09 am
DARKie

Post Re: Valkyrie preview
Quote:
It's ability to transport and quickly drop players is the role we have in mind. To that end, we're going to increase the seating to 6 total per players' requests. Not sure how to respond to the 'boring' part, I actually think the new flight model and role are fun, but I don't expect everyone to enjoy it.

Cloaking is not something we've talked about yet. We assume we'll be making flight model changes as we get more feedback. Afterburners were discussed but we're launching w/o them for now. Ejection seats are possible, I'll ping Kevmo to get this thoughts.
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/developer-thread-valkyrie.198237/page-2#post-2881043

No ejection seats? Guess they really want to narrow down it's low flying drop off role.

With the gals transport, respawn, fire power, and health, the scythe + beacon combo, and the risk of getting shot out of a rumble seat with no respawn option, high risk and low reward for being in a rumble seat, and no ejection seat option, I'm really wondering if this will just be a big waste of dev resources. Compared to the concept of the buggies coming, I'm surprised they wasted time on the death trap harasser.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 pm
DARKie

From the little time hero and I tested it, I'd say don't bother with it. It is still an early iteration of it but...bleh. Apart from it's crazy rolling ability to make the guys in the rumble seat sick it still needs some quite a bit of work imo. I don't understand the reasoning to releasing without afterburner. It felt like it really needs it when we tested it.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 pm
DARKie

4 rumble seats should be on test soon Higby says in a twitch stream.

What have you guys heard for possible uses for it around the PS community (AS IT IS NOW)?

Most uses I hear are followed by some suggested utility or major overhaul to it.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 am
DARKie

Handing out certs :D

I've only seen suggestions needing to fix it but it doesn't seem practical in it's current state. Everything it can do you can do better in a lib or esf. The NC phoenix might be good for the rumble seat but everything else you have to aim while moving which can be kinda hard. We tried going up against a lib and esf with lock ons in the rumble. If the pilot has to evade, it makes it that much harder for the rumble seats aim. If you try to sit above armor, why not just use a lib or gal. Libs have afterburn to get out faster and gals are invincible.

The belly guns do need some more testing out but still the lib can be more effective since it can take quite a bit more damage and can still move in and out faster.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I just don't see it working out at release.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 pm
DARKie

So you can squad spawn in it, at least.
d_carey wrote:
Yes, you can squad spawn into it.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... st-2884499

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm
DARKie

Might have some use with light assault drops on armor. Smaller and easier to sneak up on em. But it still can be countered quickly if they have air covering. Good thing theres still infinite resources.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm
DARKie

It still needs afterburner to be really effective imo

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm
DARKie

Uh, the lib and scythe can kill armor just as well cheaper, easier, and with less players. Still don't get why they're wasting their time, unless it has some crazy new features or slots like cloak or built in stealth or fast deploy/pods, or something fun and unique. Waiting for someone to prove it will add to the game as it is now.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:19 pm
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Uh, the lib and scythe can kill armor just as well cheaper, easier, and with less players.

Yea but you're not including the A-Team factor

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 pm
DARKie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nIS4DZu1af4?vq=hd720

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:13 am
DARKie

Location: The Frozen Wastelands of Minn-ee-Sohhhhhhhhtaaaa....
ObsidianOne wrote:
Still don't get why they're wasting their time, unless it has some crazy new features or slots like cloak or built in stealth or fast deploy/pods, or something fun and unique. Waiting for someone to prove it will add to the game as it is now.

^^^ This ^^^

WTB Phantasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKsyxUtJJcY

Guiding Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since June 2003

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 am
DARKie

Tested the new handling a bit. Feels better than before but overall still needs work. There are 3 horns for it. One being the "Flight of the Valkyries". Hero says the other two sounds like farts.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:34 am
DARKie

http://gfycat.com/EverlastingEnchantingFlyinglemur

Image Image Image Image Image

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]