View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Directives 
DARKie

Post Directives
Higby streaming some details on Directives:
Start: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/548217645?t=21m30s
Speaking of unique weapons gained ONLY through directives, and showing off Auraxium weapon skins (they animate): http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/548217645?t=25m00s

Pics (from stream): http://imgur.com/a/unmFc
Some Auraxium unique weapon details he spoke about in the stream: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comm ... _and_gifs/

"Directive score" is only a number, not used for anything.

Medals and ribbons will be applied to directive objectives retroactively, but things like getting kills with a class or more uniquely tracked objectives will have to be attained after the system is implemented.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:59 am
DARKie

Post Re: Directives
Apparently coming next week.

Rewards and objectives are not done, but this gives you a quick preview of some examples: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/550562649?t=5m05s

Auraxium rewards require 5 "objectives" in a directive tree. According to Higby in this stream one of the Auraxium rewards for a class tree is a unique armor, for a weapon tree is a unique weapon, and vehicle tree is a unique lumifiber. No solid details, unless found somewhere else, on rewards for other trees or broze/silver/gold and this rumored "heroic", though it sounds like probably a decent amount of shiny gear to slap on your character, weapon, or vehicle.

VS Auraxium Weapon previews (in-game): http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/550562649?t=24m40s

VS Auraxium Armor preview (in-game): http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/550562649?t=30m40s

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:25 am
DARKie

I haven't been following this much, but I"m assuming these objectives are go forward as of implementation and DO NOT look back at your history? Well wait, if you have auraxium on your weapon you have it ... so it must look at back at your history?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm
DARKie

Fed wrote:
I haven't been following this much, but I"m assuming these objectives are go forward as of implementation and DO NOT look back at your history? Well wait, if you have auraxium on your weapon you have it ... so it must look at back at your history?

Yea, they'll be counting auraxiums already gained, kill counts, etc. Some things that they weren't tracking you'll have to start fresh with, but the beginning wave of them should be counted. The first wave of them will mostly be based off auraxiums and ribbons, so things already being tracked. They'll be expanding the system as we go forward.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Location: The Frozen Wastelands of Minn-ee-Sohhhhhhhhtaaaa....
Higby apparently tweeted a Google doc that shows a list of potential Directive reward weapons here: https://docs.google.com/a/efsllc.com/sp ... =399291316 . I have no idea how official/final it is though.

Guiding Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since June 2003

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 pm
DARKie

Nothing all that exciting. Achivement whores, enjoy? LMG probably the best, Carbine, maybe. Not sure what's with all the HV ammo. The SMG and Shotgun specials don't really fit how you would typically want, or need, to use the weapon.

Hoping to see more usable equipment in future patches. I'm sure we'd all like something else than lumifiber on our vehicles for example.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 am
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Nothing all that exciting. Achivement whores, enjoy? LMG probably the best, Carbine, maybe. Not sure what's with all the HV ammo. The SMG and Shotgun specials don't really fit how you would typically want, or need, to use the weapon.

Hoping to see more usable equipment in future patches. I'm sure we'd all like something else than lumifiber on our vehicles for example.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. This is the same type of system as ribbons and medals where in PS1, only with added rewards of weirdly configured static auraxium weapons with cool camo.

It's all about the Carrots... get those players chasing them and feeling the endless need to continue playing... thus feeding the content (by having guys to shoot at) and money stream (keep those guys buying the new guns, either with certs or SC).

All in all... a good system for those who like ladders to climb and have a large e-peen to stroke. :D

Speaking of which... Gotta go finish up my Cosmos Auraxiums... :lol:

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:58 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Fed wrote:
This I mentioned above (you must have just scanned the post). Here is clarification from a dev today:

"Medals & Ribbons are retroactive, nothing else can be due to the nature of the requirements.
For example, class kills requires you to be that class AND not in a vehicle, and we're not currently tracking that until this update. Medals and ribbons though, those are easy to check and don't have fancy requirements on them."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comm ... or/cj7ladr

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm
DARKie

C4 arx with sound. Maybe one of the harder directives but with how much I love my C4 I want this.

http://youtu.be/DJXyuEa4RdU

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:30 pm
DARKie

Malorn write-up on all Directives and the system in general.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:30 am
DARKie

Location: The Frozen Wastelands of Minn-ee-Sohhhhhhhhtaaaa....
For you stat hounds out there the Directive weapons are now listed in the PS2 Weapons Google Doc found here:

http://ps2.dynet.com

Guiding Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since June 2003

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:53 am
DARKie

Has anyone heard of the status for fix for, and/or cause of, directive progress being deleted? I don't check my stats/progress much but I'm still curious after hearing more and more reports, sometimes happening daily, and only a mention of it "being looked into" (no source, I'm on a phone) by Carey.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:10 am
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Has anyone heard of the status for fix for, and/or cause of, directive progress being deleted? I don't check my stats/progress much but I'm still curious after hearing more and more reports, sometimes happening daily, and only a mention of it "being looked into" (no source, I'm on a phone) by Carey.

Not yet. The last interaction with that was on a different thread (was originally about stat-padding)

So, they know about it, but haven't released any more information that I've seen... I've been watching the Forums & Reddit & the Dev Tracker pretty closely.

Attachment:
Reset_Bug.PNG [60.82 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Wanted to make sure it wasn't an overzealous dev causing the wipes. Doesn't sound like it is... (or they won't admit if it was)

I will say... I've been holding my anger as best as I can in this regard... but its only happened the once for me.... There are a few guys that have had it wipe a couple times already. Alorox was at 290/300 tank kills (5 days of farming since directives came out) when he was wiped. There was another that was within 30 savior kills of completion when it happened. (You can imagine how hard getting savior kills is...)

I know it seems silly for those that don't care as much about these type of stat-ladders, etc. For someone who's been a ladder-climber in MMO's (and damn good at it) for decades... its extremely frustrating to have the system in place... but to be afraid of pushing for things on the chance that all your progress could get wiped. I've rage-quit games over that (and never gone back)... So i've been pulling back from playing a bit... Don't want to put myself into a situation where this hits me again.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

"In simplest terms,when a zone crashes and players log back in immediately it
puts their character in a bad state and removes progress. We are hopeful we've
fixed the zone crash we've been seeing recently and are currently working on
resolving the issue with characters." - Radar_X

What I've been doing lately, is if I get disconnected for any reason... Zone crash, inactivity timeout, Crash to Desktop, etc.... I wait until enough time has passed to have the game auto-logout my character. I usually take 5-10 minute break, etc....

Not sure if this is 100% effective, but I haven't been reset since the first wave of resets at the beginning of August. I've got a pretty stable system, and don't usually have problems with logging in, etc. So that's probably why the reset bug hasn't hit me recently.

I would suggest if you are going to play and work on directives, to do this to minimize any chance of an issue popping up. Probably won't be 100%, but hopefully it will help.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]