View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Patch Notes (for next week) 
DARKie

Post Patch Notes (for next week)
This patch and more is now live: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... th.190316/

Tank Changes

• Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)
    • Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration.
      o Combat Chassis no longer improves reverse speed
      o Racer Chassis applies to forward and reverse evenly
    • Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
      o It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow.
    Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.
    • Effective ranges of most anti-tank tank weaponry is being reduced.
      o Gravity on all primary cannon tank shells is being increased from 4 to 5
      o The 25 meter per second projectile speed scaling between tank cannons is being reduced to 15. High explosive tank rounds will also now have projectile speed change between factions.
        o Lightning / Magrider HE projectile speed is being reduced from 175 to 170
        o Prowler HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 185
        o Vanguard HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 200
        o Lightning / Magrider AP projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        o Prowler HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        o Prowler AP projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        o Vanguard HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        o Vanguard AP projectile speed is being reduced from 275 to 245
      o Enforcer ML85
        o We’re bringing the range of this weapon down to better differentiate it from the Halberd. The Halberd has a range advantage, the Enforcer has a damage advantage.
        o Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
        o No longer has acceleration mechanics
        o Projectile no longer accelerates up to 300 meters per second
        o Launch speed increased from 200 to 230
        o Gravity increased from 3.5 to 5
      o E540 Halberd
        o Gravity increased from 3 to 5

Quality of Life/Misc:

• Some soccer (or football, if you're into that sort of things) cosmetics have been added to the Depot. Buy them or you're not a true fan.
    Added an option to turn down bloom.
    • Soldiers who place explosives will now get an assist xp award if they are detonated by someone else and the explosives kill an enemy.
      o Assist XP from explosive kills = exact same xp as a full kill
    Engineers can now equip the ammunition package directly by pressing the ability key (default: F)
      o To match the above, the ammunition package is no longer equipped in the utility slot and it is no longer an alternate fire mode on the ACE Tool.
      o The thrown ammunition package is now a physics object and is no longer in the deploy system. This will allow it to be thrown anywhere.
      o The ammunition cert line can still be found in the Engineer Certs list.
    The Medic tool now uses right click to revive and left click to heal.
    • The visuals on the Combat Medic’s Regeneration Field will now grow to match the range of the device as it is certed up.
    • Adjusted the visuals on the Combat Medic’s Regeneration Field to improve performance.
    • Sunderer owners now get 5xp per player who spawns on their deployed Sunderer. Increased from 2xp.
    • Flash kills are now worth 100xp, increased from 25xp.
    • Added spotting voice callouts for spotting both deployed enemy Sunderers and enemy spawn beacons.
    • Adjusted lag compensation to improve overall responsiveness.
    • Renamed ‘Pistol’ slot to ‘Sidearm’ slot. Crossbows are now listed as crossbows instead of being listed as pistols.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed various crashes.
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to spawn at unwanted locations due to deployment spawn list changing. (?)
    • Changing drivers in a Prowler or Sunderer will no longer cause the vehicle to teleport back to the initial deploy location.
    • Addressed an issue where at some distances projectiles and bullets could ignore collision and hit through things like spawn room doors. (?)
    • Fixed explosives damaging facility objects, such as terminals, through geometry.
    • Aircraft weapons should no longer be able to shoot through Biolab shields.
    Gateshield Diffuser will now function properly when activated while holding A or D.
    • The Infiltrator recon tool description now lists the correct duration.
    • The audio effect from a gravity pad will no longer persist when exiting a vehicle onto a gravity pad.
    • Weapon sights will once again work correctly in VR Training.
    • Class abilities will once again work correctly in VR Training.
    • Fixed a bug where the Greenhorn Voice Pack was missing.
    • Fixed various geometry bugs on Amerish and Indar.
    • Fixed issues with decals displaying incorrectly on some TR Infiltrator armor.
    • Fixed a skinning bug that kept the Reaver Tiger Fins from moving with the Reaver wings.
    • Fixed the graphic for the latency meter to be scaled correctly.
    • The 1x scope can now be purchased on the AS16 Nighthawk.
    • The EM6 LMG will no longer incorrectly show an advanced laser sight for unlock.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Patch Notes (for next week)
ObsidianOne wrote:
o Assist XP from explosive kills = exact same xp as a full kill
• Engineers can now equip the ammunition package directly by pressing the ability key (default: F)
o To match the above, the ammunition package is no longer equipped in the utility slot and it is no longer an alternate fire mode on the ACE Tool.
o The thrown ammunition package is now a physics object and is no longer in the deploy system. This will allow it to be thrown anywhere.
• The Medic tool now uses right click to revive and left click to heal.
• Sunderer owners now get 5xp per player who spawns on their deployed Sunderer. Increased from 2xp.
• Adjusted lag compensation to improve overall responsiveness.
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to spawn at unwanted locations due to deployment spawn list changing.
• Addressed an issue where at some distances projectiles and bullets could ignore collision and hit through things like spawn room doors.
• Aircraft weapons should no longer be able to shoot through Biolab shields.
• Gateshield Diffuser will now function properly when activated while holding A or D.
• The audio effect from a gravity pad will no longer persist when exiting a vehicle onto a gravity pad.
• Fixed various geometry bugs on Amerish and Indar.
• Fixed the graphic for the latency meter to be scaled correctly.

What?........

This is shit people have been complaining about for over a year, and they're fixing all of those things at once? This is amazing.

This seems way too good to be true.

I'm suspicious. It's like a kid behaving really well after they're done something really bad and don't want to come clean. What did you do SOE? WHAT DID YOU DO?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I'm still only thinking about how I can finally turn down bloom.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:23 pm
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
The patch will be happening next week. These patch notes are posted early.

Tank Changes

• Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)
    • Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration.
      o Combat Chassis no longer improves reverse speed
      o Racer Chassis applies to forward and reverse evenly
    • Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
      o It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow.
    Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.
    • Effective ranges of most anti-tank tank weaponry is being reduced.
      o Gravity on all primary cannon tank shells is being increased from 4 to 5
      o The 25 meter per second projectile speed scaling between tank cannons is being reduced to 15. High explosive tank rounds will also now have projectile speed change between factions.
        o Lightning / Magrider HE projectile speed is being reduced from 175 to 170
        o Prowler HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 185
        o Vanguard HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 200
        o Lightning / Magrider AP projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        o Prowler HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 225 to 215
        o Prowler AP projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        o Vanguard HEAT projectile speed is being reduced from 250 to 230
        o Vanguard AP projectile speed is being reduced from 275 to 245
      o Enforcer ML85
        o We’re bringing the range of this weapon down to better differentiate it from the Halberd. The Halberd has a range advantage, the Enforcer has a damage advantage.
        o Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
        o No longer has acceleration mechanics
        o Projectile no longer accelerates up to 300 meters per second
        o Launch speed increased from 200 to 230
        o Gravity increased from 3.5 to 5
      o E540 Halberd
        o Gravity increased from 3 to 5

So, in the same patch they are giving stabilization to tanks...

1) They nerf Mag's HE round velocity, but buff TR/NC
2) They nerf the AP round velocity (left the PC the same) (all velocities have been brought down... fine... whatever)
3) They increase the gravity of everything. (Affects all tanks)
4) They nerf the speed of racer moving forward.... thus cementing our slowest MBT title.
5) No changes directly meant to compensate for tanks getting stabilized turrets when we were balanced with that in mind.

Mags still share the lowest armor, have the slowest velocity main Cannons, lowest DPS Mainguns, Slowest Speed... and they are attempting to make all engagements much closer... while leaving infantry AV weapons the same....

So basically, they are trying to move tank combat closer together.... All while not touching, and in most cases nerfing the Mag at the same time. They better be open to Mag buffs in the future, cause this is not going to be pretty.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Darn, it's not on test server to check out.

Turret stabilization sounds a little scary, but wow the 3-5 KPH (I only saw a +13 KPH gain with racer in my tests), and 5-10 HE/AP velocity nerf is really going to make the mag useless. I'm with cal and limits, let's just give up and go play titanfall or what ever the kids play now a days.

TR and NC are getting hit with gravity AND 10-30 velocity nerfs. In some tests it seems like the prowler has a very similar time-to-kill as the magrider while using AP weapons. Am I missing something, is the prowler armor that different? The racer boosts for NC and TR were always +10KPH, not sure why we got away with +13-15. TR vs NC speeds are not far off, what 4-5 KPH, with TR having higher DPS and NC with higher armor. Hard to argue against how tight the mag feels and maneuvers. The Saron was already nerfed against infantry, so it's probably fair to balance the ML85. I think the Vulcan is already where it needs to be for this type of balance patch, lol.

It's going to be a little harder to keep an angle on tank back ends, but think of what you can do in a mag with backward acceleration and ~52-62 KPH. I'm a little eager to try turret stabilization on the lightning, as I'm usually not a fan of using it.

I'm a little surprised that you jump in here with all complaints Cal. If they're making it easier to close the gap, I would have thought you'd be eager to jump in and show them how to rule that close-med range.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 pm
DARKie

Just got done moving and this is what I see. SOE really needs to figure out what they are doing. I also see NOTHING dealing with the Lib is in next weeks patch. Thats good hope for the velocity but still..... they screwed the Mag. Going to try to be positive about this - there is nothing to be positive about to be honest. I do feel bad for ALL of the tankers and Planetsiders. I will also agree with you Phunk, something does smell VERY fishy about this update 0_0

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Smedley said he's personally fixing stuff that hasn't been fixed yet that really probably needs to be, so that's definitely where the QoL stuff is coming from.

...I think SOE is preparing for something really terrible as well. I damn sure hope they don't make any rash decisions on their business model.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 pm
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
I'm a little surprised that you jump in here with all complaints Cal. If they're making it easier to close the gap, I would have thought you'd be eager to jump in and show them how to rule that close-med range.

Everything on the Mag is balanced around the ability to strafe and the semi-stabilized turret resulting in much higher accuracies. That is why we have the Slowest velocity.... that is why we have slower speeds. With stabilized turrets and faster reverse speeds, better acceleration (to the vannie) and ability to shoot accurately while on the move, the Mag has lost a huge chunk of the "maneuverability" advantage that is supposed to be its counter to the higher TR DPS and the higher NC armor (and burst damage).

I will be fine... I mostly use angles and flanking to get my kills, but it's going to be a real wake up call to those that think strafe is the end-all-be-all defense mechanism against MBTs. Against the highly accurate drivers TENC, Boursk (although I half-way think he had aim-assist), a few of the higher end TR guys, and playing with Alarox and Klypto on Waterson, the Mag truly shows that strafing isn't enough against higher accuracy guys.... now you are making the general masses even more accurate and closing engagement ranges to the point where strafing will be even less effective in general.

Also, What this will do is make Mags in an area start bumping around like a demo-derby. Combined with the bug that means you can't see friendly Mags on your damn minimap... fighting in a group is going to be even more annoying. Btw, this is just against MBTs. The faster reverse speeds will be great for dealing with infantry if you are good at minimap-driving. Honestly, even with the increase in gravity... it'll only take a little time for me to start wiping the floor with infantry again.

Which is totally what they wanted to counter right? Make AV worse and Make AI better... right?

It's just another step to bring in MBT battles into smaller tighter zerg groups. All while infantry is bitching about the "tank zergs" ruining fights. Oh... zergs are the problem? Lets nerf AV hunters! That'll fix it!

Seriously... They fucking BUFFED the TR/NC HE weapons! What are they trying to do?!?!

I'm stumped. (It honestly feels like they are moving things in closer for the PS4 version and/or to negate some of the long range rendering issues they have)

P.S. If you can't tell i've been quietly steaming since they've been talking about the changes... willing to wait until I saw official changes to determine how things are going to flesh out.

In the long run, I don't think the changes are all that bad... it's the short term annoyances that are bugging the hell out of me. First Libs totally take a shit on every fight I try to enjoy, now they nerf both velocity and gravity while giving me a buff (reverse speed) in which I have to be COMPLETELY BLIND (ie, use minimap) to fully utilize and that goes totally against our special (Magburn). All without even a mention of possible adjustments to the Mag to re-balance. They could just put out a tweet to us saying they want to see how this fleshes out prior to making Balance changes between factions. From what I feel like right now is that the faction that had to outplay in order to win against equally skilled drivers not only has to continue to do so, but just do it a bit more.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Last edited by Calisai on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Oh, and on another note...

Is anyone expecting them to patch the PTS and totally fucking break it for the highly publicized and highly emotional Mattherson v Waterson fight next week? Oh, we should totally put in a patch on PTS the day before our Friday night OPs promoted Server Smash... that'll help things!

They better patch it early in the week or wait until next Tue, cause if they fuck up the servers... there will be an outcry greater than anything else they've dealt with. It's already a pretty big slap in the face to tankers and lib pilots... lets slap the outfits on two servers as well... 8)

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Calisai wrote:
Seriously... They fucking BUFFED the TR/NC HE weapons! What are they trying to do?!?!

I think in a full AI loadout (VPC+PPA) the PPA is the primary killer and SOE knows it. On any other faction, only the Halberd does AI well enough to mention. Marauder's gravity dropoff is very close (useful in 0-35m, upper extreme allows for about 50m on flat land) and Canister is obviously only useful really close, 0-20m. PPA is useful up from 0-300m. It's a definite equalizer. Since the Halberd is actually getting a gravity change (I don't consider it a nerf, just a change of ranging thoughts) it isn't terrible.

EDIT: Enforcer and Vulcan both are only "okay" at AI, same as Saron.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:38 pm
DARKie

I'm shutting up again until the changes actually hit PTS and I can check them out.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Calisai wrote:
Oh, and on another note...

Is anyone expecting them to patch the PTS and totally fucking break it for the highly publicized and highly emotional Mattherson v Waterson fight next week? Oh, we should totally put in a patch on PTS the day before our Friday night OPs promoted Server Smash... that'll help things!

They better patch it early in the week or wait until next Tue, cause if they fuck up the servers... there will be an outcry greater than anything else they've dealt with. It's already a pretty big slap in the face to tankers and lib pilots... lets slap the outfits on two servers as well... 8)

Why do we play this game? :P jk but still I think everything SOE has done in the past few months, heck the past year has been really screwy and not really organized. Hope you get what I meant by that, couldn't really think of good words to use.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

This is on PTS. I may try to use the lightning more after this. I don't think the change is real OP, but I'm not a TR/NC tanker, lol. What I think may be slightly OP (that isn't in this patch of course), and what I'd love to have the option for, is not only the vertical stabilization, but horizontal/horizontal fixed angle (as with a gunner, or when in third person). Circling a target or tracking someone zipping around the tank is still going to require some tracking/aiming skill, so I think mags and quick vehicles may still have a chance. :P

I was hoping for a bloom slider as I wouldn't mind it if it was there, but barely, but I will definitely be turning it off, yay.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:05 am
DARKie

This and the lib changes on PTS are now live: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... th.190316/

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]