View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Implants 
DARKie

Post Implants
Implants on PTS!

Interesting system, I tried it a bit. Reddit exploding with the usual P2W and junk.

Check it out:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... ts.184178/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comm ... y_on_test/

All my gunners are required to use Marker, lol.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:58 am
DARKie

Post Re: Implants
ObsidianOne wrote:
Implants on PTS!

Interesting system, I tried it a bit. Reddit exploding with the usual P2W and junk.

Check it out:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... ts.184178/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comm ... y_on_test/

All my gunners are required to use Marker, lol.

Its only small buffs, but some like reduced bobbing on explosions could be a bit tricky to balance. Maybe even the one where you can see enemy explosives. Its gonna be interesting :P

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I'm worried about awareness. If it auto-spots for the player with the implant only... then it's fine. If it auto-spots (like a normal spot does... and I'm certain it'll be like this just from a lazy programmer standpoint) then it's going to be a problem for snipers and ranged users alike. Wouldn't be a big fan of that.

Enhanced targeting is going to be my go-to for vehicle play, and probably for normal play as well. I was a huge proponent of that implant in PS1. Always ran with it. Anything that enhances my situational awareness is huge for me. I really hated when they pulled that from us... knowing full well that they'll charge us for the old functionality later.

Sensor shield will be nice for when running stalker cloak... Hold breath for sniper build, safe landing for LA.

As for the pay-to-win griping that lots are doing... I'll leave those arguments for others. I used to care about discussing that, but i've given up on it. Don't care anymore... I'll pay when I see value in it and won't if I don't. The advantage of having a good job and kicking the ex-wife to the curb... money isn't an issue anymore. :shock:

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Someone did the Math. As of 4/25/14 on the PTS here is how it would work: (Added my notes in purple)

Quote:
So currently on the PTS implants use 1/0.75/0.5 Energy/s for T3/T2/T1 implants.

You can get both Implants and Chargers for free through gameplay when you earn 'Experience Rewards', and can get higher tier implant drops from killing other players.
5 T1 implants make 1 T2, and 5 T2 (25 T1) make 1 T3
3 T1s also make a 1 T1 :S

Input implant types have no effect on output type(it's random).

A Super Charger requires a T1 + T2 Implant (6 T1) and gives 5400 Energy (900E/T1 implant used) Enough for 90m of T3 use. (Breaks down to 900E per T1 efficiency)
An Ultra Charger requires a T2 + T3 implant (30 T1) and gives 36000 Energy (1200E/ T1 implant) Enough for 10h of T3 use. (Breaks down to 1200E per T1 efficiency)

So, basically, to run an implant you have to consume 1 T1 implant every 15-20 minutes for T3, 22.5-30m for T2, 30-40m for a T1

If you only use Ultra Chargers this comes to 3 T1 implants per hour for T3 use, 2/h for T2, 1.5/h for T1.

An Ultra Charger can also be bought for 500 SC and gives 36000E so it will last 10/15/20 hours, costing $0.5/$0.375/$0.25 per hour.

5 Random Tier Implants can be bought for 150SC.

Cert cost of UCs and 5 Implants on the PTS N/A atm.

Appears to be a common Energy pool per character. IE, each implant pulls from a single E pool, they don't have to be charged individually (that would be annoying)

So it looks like, once you get all the implants you want... and can afford to put all the T1s you gain straight into energy... that it won't be hard to keep energized, depending on how often T1s drop.

Interesting... will see how it all fleshes out.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I haven't had a chance to load up the PTS; but I have to say all this talk of 'drops' and 'construction' worries me... As does the apparent emphasis on kill-based rewards, which tends to screw over support players

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm
DARKie

MightyMouser wrote:
I haven't had a chance to load up the PTS; but I have to say all this talk of 'drops' and 'construction' worries me...

Yea, there is a lot of RNG built into the system. Quite a number of people are annoyed by it. Basically, you get a random implant when you hit certain goals. I think it's going to be similar to the ribbon system.. (IE, each time you get a ribbon, you get a chance at T1 implant. Those add up and can be "converted".

I'm going to check out PTS this weekend and see how it is.

Same with combining T2's to make a T3... it's a RNG'd chance of getting the T3 you want, not a choice.

So there will be the MMO-style grind to get the gear you want, but once you have it... powering it should be a simple deconstruct the T1 implants into power implants. (That's how I understand it so far... haven't seen it for my own eyes yet)

This is all still beta anyway... so we don't know exactly how it will flesh out.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

While on PTS before I posted this I did some quick math with energy drain, but only to get a feel for it. Thanks for the detailed post Cal!
Calisai wrote:
So there will be the MMO-style grind to get the gear you want, but once you have it... powering it should be a simple deconstruct the T1 implants into power implants.

Let's grind some mobs and get set with some T3 before our raids on Allatum. =)

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:15 pm
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Let's grind some mobs and get set with some T3 before our raids on Allatum. =)

Sweet, sounds like I can skip the Everquest Next and just stick with PS2. I usually go MMORPG, then PS, then MMORPG, then PS, then MMORPG, then PS2, etc. I've always alternated my primary focus... Muds, EQ2, SW Galaxies, WoW, SWTOR.... all split up by stints in a Planetside franchise. :shock: Gotta get my grind on. :lol:

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

MightyMouser wrote:
I haven't had a chance to load up the PTS; but I have to say all this talk of 'drops' and 'construction' worries me... As does the apparent emphasis on kill-based rewards, which tends to screw over support players

Looking at reddit, even the current iteration of implant drops are coming in with just plain xp gain, with the current number of 4400xp for a drop being mentioned. Some are saying there are other "random" drops, but I'm sure we'll figure out, or will be told by a dev, what is giving out those extra implants/chargers.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:10 pm
DARKie

"Drops were bugged on test for a few days, they work now. The entire system is available to evaluate on pts, minus some polish tasks still outstanding. This isn't going live tomorrow, it'll end on test for a while still so we can get real feedback. So far I've seen a few wild extrapolations based on one random drop, I'd encourage some more exploration of the system before you draw major conclusions. Fact is: the current drop tuning is designed to allow average players (by raw, non-boosted xp gain, across all characters) to be able to maintain even tier 3 implants with drops alone. Check it out for yourself. The loot system is more complex than just "kills per implant drop" or "xp per implant drop", it's weighted and favors large xp events (base captures, ribbons, alerts) for better drops. No one has scratched the surface of the drop system on pts yet."
-mh (source)

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:01 pm
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
" it's weighted and favors large xp events (base captures, ribbons, alerts) for better drops."
-mh (source)

Interesting, so it sounds like an extreme menace kill might have a higher percentage drop than a spawn kill.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]