View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Subscriber Video about new content and the Valkyrie 
DARKie

Post Subscriber Video about new content and the Valkyrie
I'm not sure how widely this video was distributed, so posting it here for anyone who didn't get the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGL1jc ... e=youtu.be

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 am
DARKie

Post Re: Subscriber Video about new content and the Valkyrie
Can't wait to see a ground pounding version that uses two heavies with lashers as gunners

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 am
DARKie

I am not really looking forward to that. Here comes more lockons for the air.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:15 pm
DARKie

Looks fun for my playstyle: flying people around in gunships. It sucks that this replaces a Galaxy update. Boo.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:26 pm
DARKie

Whew, no BFRs yet!

I'm always happy to see more driver and gunner type vehicles making it in, the two passengers are just a bonus. I'm not really sure I get the whole "rumble seat" interest in PS2 (or any FPS I've played for that matter), and I hope they keep it as small as possible if it's only going to carry 4 people.

I think they should just remove the galaxy and combined the idea of this vehicle with it, implementing a Star Wars, clone-wars era, gunship like vehicle. Hell this thing looks like you could stick those two ball turrets right on the side: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... nsport.png

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:23 pm
DARKie

I want less "content" and more content. I wish they'd hurry the hell up and give us either a global lattice or 100% cont locking back. I want a reason to care about the basic game mechanics like, oh, let's say... capping a base?

That being said, it appears they're still making good progress on the game, and this vehicle looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

PhunkSauce wrote:
I want less "content" and more content. I wish they'd hurry the hell up and give us either a global lattice or 100% cont locking back. I want a reason to care about the basic game mechanics like, oh, let's say... capping a base?

That being said, it appears they're still making good progress on the game, and this vehicle looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Honestly? Why couldn't they make a Valkyrie module for the Lib. Replacing the 2nd gunner and mountpoint, put a Rumble Seat attachment there instead. Do we truly need a third aircraft for the cool ability to be a smaller troop transport than the Gal? Seems to me like they are trying to force feed their cool rumble seat concept into an air vehicle... without having a fully defined niche and need for the aircraft as a whole.

They are going to do with it, what they did with the harasser. It's going to step all over the ESF and Libs rolls and probably be a better ground support vehicle than a lib and I wouldn't be surprised if at release it was a better A2A hunter than the ESF.

Bah... that's probably my cynical nature showing through... SOE would never do that. :?

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

shonuff wrote:
I am not really looking forward to that. Here comes more lockons for the air.

100% agree. And I would also Like for them to stop focusing on *new* things but more on current problems. For example some people are still getting freezes (me) and crashes. Its just very annoying to not even have a stable game and want to bring new stuff out. Also an AA Valkyrie is going to be VERY annoying......

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

More pics

http://imgur.com/a/cXeOb

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]