View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RIP ZOE 
DARKie

Post RIP ZOE
In VR I moved around after hitting the ability button and said "Is it on?"

These quick tests were done in VR where splash damage was and still is broken, so comet and vortex may be off slightly.

Pre-nerf with ZOE on against infantry:
143 & 167 AI weapons: 1 less shot to kill at all ranges
Comet: 1 less shot to kill at all ranges
Vortex 1charge: 1 less shot to kill at all ranges
Vortex 3charge: 1 less full charge to kill at all ranges

Post-nerf with ZOE on against infantry:
143 & 167 AI weapons: No change at any range
Comet: 1 less shot to kill within 20m (this projectile now shoots straight out from the camera, yay!)
Vortex 1charge: No change at any range (other than it only takes 6 1c (half a clip) to kill infantry now)
Vortex 3charge: No change at any range (this is really odd, but it still takes a whole clip to kill infantry if you use full charges)

O ya, the 15sec forced use and 30sec cool down is neat too. At least the recharge starts when you activate! Apparently rank 4 and 5 lets you take a bit more damage than you could before this patch (the already nerfed once version).

I think back to when Higby posted those pie charts on twitter of MAX abilities used by players a few days ago. I think he's proud to see their new MAX abilities not being used, and ZOE almost being half of the VS MAX abilities pie chart means it should become useless like the other 2. :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 am
DARKie

Post Re: RIP ZOE
Depending on whether the speed increase is still noticeable I may still use it as an alternative to charge. 15 seconds of sustained and controllable speed increase may prove more useful than one big burst of speed that's difficult to control. I'll take a look at the difference between the two when I get home tonight.

As far as combat use? If those numbers you've posted are accurate, Obi, I don't see myself ever using it for combat again unless it's just to move past a group of enemies like I would with charge anyways. Why did SOE bother leaving the damage increase intact if it doesn't provide any sort of benefit?

Oh well. Even if it is sad, obnoxious, and kind of makes you wonder why they're even there, I suppose it's for the best that the MAX abilities are essentially useless. MAXes were always supposed to be lumbering infantry tanks, not ultimate high-speed death machines that totally outweigh any other use of infantry resources.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Location: The Frozen Wastelands of Minn-ee-Sohhhhhhhhtaaaa....
Post Re: RIP ZOE
Here are the actual movement numbers as posted by Higby right before PU02 went live:

Post taken from here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-real-zoe-balance.161769/page-2#post-2315589

Quote:
Just so you guys have the real data on the movement before the patch notes come out. This is all in m/s and subject to change based on more tuning before it goes live, of course.

Normal Infantry:
•Forward run: 4.0
•Forward sprint: 6.5
•Strafe / backpedal: 3.0

Normal MAX:
•Forward run: 3.0
•Forward Sprint 6.0 (with 5 second acceleration)
•Strafe / backpedal: 2.1

(Current Live) ZOE MAX:
•Forward run: 5.5
•Forward sprint: 6.5
•Strafe / backpedal: 4.45

(Revised) ZOE MAX:
•Forward run: 4.5
•Forward sprint: 6.0
•Strafe / backpedal: 3.0

So, the ZOE represents a ~50% buff to the "armed" (i.e. not sprint, which removes your ability to fire) movement states on the MAX above the default, DEFINITELY NOT "no bonus" and gives is closer to infantry agility, rather than significantly more. Sprinting infantry should now be able to outrun and evade the ZOE which was a major problem when attempting to disengage from them previously, but it will still be faster than normal infantry.

So it's pretty worthless for combat. Same strafe/backpedal speed as infantry, .5m/s faster run and .5m/s slower sprint than infantry. With its timer and force-on nature I have no intention of using it again. At least with Charge you can use it to chase down a nearby fleeing enemy or get outtta Dodge in a hurry if you need to.

Guiding Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since June 2003

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]