View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Request Reinforcements & Reinforcements Needed 
DARKie

Post Request Reinforcements & Reinforcements Needed
I keep hearing unconfirmed reports about the squad leader cert Request Reinforcements being tied to the Reinforcements Needed spawn points, but have found nothing but proof against it.

Amerish getting swarmed by VS late at night for an alert domination, big surprise. 8)

Bottom image: Taken just after Sungrey capped as I was trying to get there. Seconds before, all reinforcements needed spawns were Sungrey forward spawns, then switched to Kwahtee 5 seconds before I could spawn, so I missed the cap points. There were no other defend icons on the map for 5 minutes, as I was watching the timer on Sungrey. ARX was still being resecured and being hit with the defend icon on it, but never came up as a spawn point after waiting a few more minutes.

Top image: A few minutes later we lock the cont and I redeploy. Earlier I noticed a few TR push out and start hacking Jagged Lance Mine and a defend icon goes on it. For some reason there were simply NO reinforcements needed spawn options, even after waiting a few minutes again.

Here are the patch notes when the reinforcements needed spawn option was added: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... st-1072781

RadarX wrote:
The Deployment screen now features top defensive locations on the continent as respawn points.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:11 am
DARKie

Post Re: Request Reinforcements & Reinforcements Needed
I've seen the icon on the map many times, but rarely is there a spawn point next to it. (When i'm on a separate part of the map).

I have a feeling that it's either not implemented yet, or with all the major changes they keep doing to the spawn screen, it got broken somewhere along the line. It would be nice to place one of these down and have pub's be able to spawn there, but I think that could be something that can be abused, so I can also see where it might not be desired.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Could it require more than 1 defensive request? To prevent one SL from setting points all over the map for his group? I dunno, but I'm agreeing that this doesn't seem to work as I thought it did.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 am
Alliance Member

To be honest it's more of a failsafe anyone can log into a alt that is losing and request and fuck them over example Necrosexual and Iamcommandersheped would be those people who would fuck with other empires with that feature and kinda glad it's not in. They should make it where Battleranks 100 can request for it putting it as a spawn-able base.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]