View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Public Test Observations 
DARKie

Post Public Test Observations
1. The harasser is the most fun vehicle in the game to drive and you can equip all of the MBT secondary weapons ... win?
2. The sparrow better get tweaked, I'm thinking the 5 rounds in a clip is a bug. Right now its OMGWTFBBQ anything.
3. The TR Lockdown ability is going to be beastly in the right situation ... like this one.
4. Magrider got a stealth fix/buff ... see here.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Public Test Observations
The harasser is really fun, but maybe just a little too friggen bouncy, and maybe turns too quick by default. The handbrake is hard to use effectively unless I was doing it wrong trying various turns and turnarounds for 15 minutes. I think it may have to do with how quickly it slows down on it's own after you stop pressing the accelerator key, forcing you to do combinations of tapping or holding the handbrake and/or accelerate to make proper turns without spinning out.

Everything else you listed is obviously just for testing, but it's hilarious watching people freak out on the froums. A dev mentions all MAX stuff isn't set. Is there a weapon the harasser can't use, other than other faction tank weapons, lol? Most or all vehicles and aircraft fire the driver's weapon from the middle of your screen now on test, obviously not going live.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:39 am
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Most or all vehicles and aircraft fire the driver's weapon from the middle of your screen now on test, obviously not going live.

I wouldn't be so sure. The reaver pilots have been complaining about this for a while now. Similarily on the Mag, there are plenty of times when the barrel appears to be clear of any obstruction and yet it pile drives the ground in front of you. I'm sure part of it is intended, HOPEFULLY they clear up the animation so that it still looks like its coming from the barrel at least.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 am
DARKie

Location: The Frozen Wastelands of Minn-ee-Sohhhhhhhhtaaaa....
Interesting, Every single infantry weapon I've tried in the Test server's VR appears to be more accurate at long range then they are on the live servers. I've tried the Flare, Ursa, SVA-88, Orion, Pulsar PS1, and Pulsar C, and they all seem to be noticeably more accurate at 100m+ ranges than on live.

Anyone else notice this?

Guiding Smurfs and Elmos Into the Light Since June 2003

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm
DARKie

SirAlydon wrote:
Interesting, Every single infantry weapon I've tried in the Test server's VR appears to be more accurate at long range then they are on the live servers. I've tried the Flare, Ursa, SVA-88, Orion, Pulsar PS1, and Pulsar C, and they all seem to be noticeably more accurate at 100m+ ranges than on live.

Anyone else notice this?

Probably related to this.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:33 am
DARKie

ZOE MAX ability can currently be switched on and off instantly without using any energy, and does not limit the user on how often or long it can be used. Love the movement and strafe speed! It does appear to fire slightly faster, though it's just not that noticeable. TTK with comet on a vanguard only differed by 2-3 seconds (17 seconds with overdrive on, 20 without).

MAX Comet now kills infantry in 2 hits again, even with the 2 per clip for each arm. They renamed the MAX handheld lancer to Vortex, instead of using the PS1 VS MAX AA gun name Starfire.

Spent some more time with the harasser. It handles much better overall. Higby tweeted "We pulled ES secondary weapons from the Harasser until we can get properly balanced variants specifically for that vehicle," but I still saw them.

I learned today, and of all people Erendil as well, that the handbrake is already in-game with the flash, doh. We were messing around with it and I think I might change chassis to Racer because of it. I'll probably do the same on the harasser. Hand braking feels very similar between the flash and harasser, as far as how much is needed to make a turn properly, and ranges and speeds at which you will spin out. So, practice it now on the flash and you'll be ready if your interested in the harasser. It takes some practice, and tons of trial and error. Harasser default max speed is 90, reaching 100 with racer. I'm pretty sure from testing earlier that the Flash reaches 85 with racer.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]