View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Stuck in Enemy VR 
DARKie

Post Stuck in Enemy VR
Last night I was kicked from the game from a Bio Lab fight due to Planetside.exe not responding. When I returned to the game a few minutes later it put me into VR (I don't know whose). I clicked redeploy and had no spawn options on any of the three maps plus the VR map, so I clicked LOGOUT. When I returned to the game, it put me into NC VR where I was immediately killed by another player. This morning (9 hours later) I logged in and I was still in NC VR. There were very few players, so I was able to use Instant Action (10 second countdown) and it finally got me out. If any of the early morning NC were paying attention I'd still be stuck in the NC VR.

I have to say this kind of bug can really suck the life out of a game, getting stuck in an enemy VR where you're spawn camped. This is a bug SOE really needs to fix fast.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:47 am
DARKie

Post Re: Stuck in Enemy VR
I thought of two other possibilities to get out of the VR:

The DEL key to exit might work, but it has a 10-second countdown so it's in the same ballpark as instant action, although you don't have to open the map to start it.

The auto-join a squad and jump to SL location is instant, but if you're not already in a squad, I don't know if it will let you join one. I tried this morning to auto-join a squad and it just said "searching....", but as soon as I exited the VR I hit Insert and it plopped me into one right away. Still, this might be the best bet to get out if you're being spawn camped. The default to join a squad and jump to SL location is the INS key for both.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]