View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Patch notes 01.16.2013 
DARKie

Post Patch notes 01.16.2013
Patch notes 01.16.2013

General:

Enemy spotting is now only shared with allies within 150 meters. (To give you an idea, I know it's just under 100m straight from the SCU to the horizontal or vertical shield gens in an Amp Station)
Spot duration has been lowered to 10 seconds.
At long distances you have to be closer to the center of the target to successfully spot.
Jump Jets should no longer function intermittently.
MAXes will render at a longer distance for players in aircraft.

Liberator:

C150 Dalton:
Firing adjustments have been made to the Dalton. This change will mainly be noticeable when attempting to fire on infantry or other small targets at a distance.
Dalton projectiles now have more gravity when fired. This makes the Dalton more accurate when the Liberator is above targets. Shot accuracy becomes more difficult as the Liberator increases its horizontal distance to its target.
The outer damage blast radius, where minimum damage occurs, has been reduced from 12 meters to 10 meters.

L105 Zepher
Firing adjustments have been made to the Zepher. This should only be noticeable when trying to hit infantry or other very small targets at a far distance.
Zepher projectiles now have more gravity when fired. This makes the Zephyr more accurate when the Liberator is above targets. Shot accuracy becomes more difficult as the Liberator increases its horizontal distance to its target.
The inner damage blast radius, where maximum damage occurs, has been reduced from 4 meters to 1.5

Infrared & Thermal Optics have had their effective viewing ranges tuned for the following weapons:
Scythe: All Weapons
Reaver: All Weapons
Mosquito: All Weapons
Liberator: Secondary Weapons (Shredder, Dalton, Zepher)

Source

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 am
DARKie

Post Re: Patch notes 01.16.2013
I did a quick Zepher test. The drop was not real noticeable even shooting way off to the side, so gunners will adapt quick, I hope. A 63% reduction in max damage splash radius was fairly noticeable right away, as expected. I hope this helps a bit by causing a few missed sniper shots, reduces some quick-pass mass killings, and gives a chance for people to run for cover who would have otherwise died previously standing next to their bombed teammate. You'll still clean house with 6 shots and certs in reload speed if you can hang around.

I only tested the optics I had, Infrared. Zepher infrared optics appears to be reduced by 50%, when comparing it to the Bulldog on the back of the lib. I measured by putting a WP in between a tower and myself, where the Bulldog started to fade at the tower, the Zepher started to fade at the half-way waypoint.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 am
DARKie

Here is what Thermal looks like now for all ESF weapons and secondary lib weapons. They are using the Zepher in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0n0P8pyBD8&hd=1

As most of us have Infrared, I won't bother posting a vid.

Spotting is still very effective and will help spot and track targets better with scope on or off, so use that spot key, a lot!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 am
DARKie

Here is a video of the SMGs (not VS), new spawn rooms for outposts and bases, and a few other changes. No tunnel preview yet, though they say they're in.

You can stop watching at 22 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/358314671

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:13 am
DARKie

Real good changes I think. I question what the role is going to be for these SMGs though. Even for the infiltrator where I desperately need a different weapon, these clip sizes I'm seeing (25 on NC and 30 on TR) are not what I was hoping for a on a high ROF low damage weapon. Looks like you'll probably have to connect with every shot, just like the existing full auto scout rifles.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]