View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Who you are and what does your character do? PS2 version 
DARKie

Post Who you are and what does your character do? PS2 version
We had a similiar post for Planetside 1, but its so outdated i figured it would be better just starting a new one. I'll start things off..

Who you are?

My name is Mike and when im not playing Planetide...I love playing hockey(currently playing 4 nights a week) and I also love watching it on tv as I am a diehard Toronto Maple Leafs fan although they are on strike right now so not watching it. I have alot of favorite tv shows, but my top 5 would be The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and True Blood. My wife is Barb (Raynne) that also plays Planetside, we have a 5 year old son named Logan who's currently in kindergarden and loves playing in Timbits soccer weekly. We also have 2 dogs and 2 cats...lol. I work for Xerox in Saint John, New Brunswick (Canada). I have also been in DARK since late 2006 or early 2007...cant remember the exact date, but it was before Logan was born.

What does your character do?

1) What is your character's name? Darkvenom
2) What is your primary class? Combat Medic
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Med App lvl 2, nanoweave armor lvl 2
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? Sunderer AMS
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Ejection system(Scythe), triage, blockade armor(Sundy)

6) Any additional information on your character(s)? Bought Lasher, Quasar and Burster max arms, plan on buying Saron cannon next for my Mag. :)

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Who you are and what does your character do? PS2 versio
Who you are?

Real name: Jeff, from the far, far, far west suburbs of Chicago. I will not, however, answer to that name while on TS.... Just call me Cal. ( I seriously don't recognize my own name when it comes through the headset :lol: )

1) What is your character's name? Calisai (I pronounce it Cal - i - Say, but just "Cal" is easiest :)
2) What is your primary class? Light Assault / Engy / Heavy / Infil / Medic ( in that order... :lol: )
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? killwhore stuff
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? I'm a Magrider whore... If you jump into one of mine.. you'll have the best time money and skill can provide. :wink: Also plan to trick out Sundy as my secondary Vehicle... with a little thrown into Gal for those times we need it.

6) Any additional information on your character(s)? You'll see me in any armor any class.. I tend to be a jack of all trades... (master of none)... I will be in LA most often, but I'll also probably grab a good weapon for each class (Already have Anti-Air rocket) Oh, and I suck at 1-on-1 fighting, so you'll see me flanking and coming in windows and from weird angles whenever possible... or wrapped in the finest suit of magrider armor.. :)

Oh... and it's going to take me awhile to get used to flying in PS2 for me... I can fly a gal in a somewhat straight line and land... but that's as far as I get right now. :shock:

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Who you are?
Some guy who joined DARK way back when he was 17, and managed to keep my immaturity in check whilst on TeamSpeak. Seven years later I'm back doing the same.

1) What is your character's name? SlickFedora
2) What is your primary class? Heavy Assault
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Anti-armor and anti-air missiles, and everything that makes me survive longer.
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? Sunderer. I plan on getting a shield diffuser to run through enemy gates and take down generators. It's worked very well the one time we had a nearly full Sundy.
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Mostly just Heavy Assault and Sundy. I'll probably dip into Light Assault or Medic, and the Magrider.
6) Any additional information on your character(s)? I use the Advanced Sheild Capacitor alongside Restoration Kits to stay on my feet longer.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:01 am
DARKie

Who you are?

I'm Dan... when I'm not playing Planetside, I'm usually on Netflix... big TV fan. Watched the entirety of Scrubs, LOST, I started working on Supernatural... and I'm no anime fan, but a friend of mine showed me Full Metal Panic... damn. I'm keeping up with the Walking Dead as well. I play guitar when I don't feel like watching Netflix. Not much else to say..

1) What is your character's name? ZulthusVS
2) What is your primary class? Heavy Assault
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Lasher... that thing is an ability all on its own
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? Probably the Galaxy
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Might cert into the Magrider.
6) Any additional information on your character(s)? Looks badass with composite armor and helmet.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:52 pm
DARKie

Who you are?

My name is Justin. I live in Atlanta, I'm electrical engineer and I enjoy playing soccer in my spare time and I spend too much time of the computer. Been in DARK since Malign recruited me while we were tanking on our NC alts.

1) What is your character's name? Ziggy
2) What is your primary class? Engineer/Heavy
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Eng - Nanoweave armor and nano armor kit 3, Heavy - Nanoweave armor
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? Mag with Saron HRB and frontal armor, magburner and rival combat chassis next
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Eng - Support tanker, Heavy - Anti-vehicle grunt

6) Any additional information on your character(s)? Bought Solstice Burst for my engy and HRB so far. Need to look at a possible heavy upgrade.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 pm
DARKie

Who you are?

My name is Abraham. I'm a student at Northwestern University atm. I'm from A-town, GA and texas.

1) What is your character's name? AznChristian
2) What is your primary class? Support Medic/Engie (in that order)
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Med App lvl 5, nanoweave armor lvl 1
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? revive nades/support medic stuff like ara and armor, support engie (repair+ammo), blockade armor(Sundy) and ammo sundy.

6) Any additional information on your character(s)? Willing to buy spawn beacons (not much else for me to use infantry points on),etc but not that good of a leader in actual leading.

Last edited by AznChristian on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 am
Profile YIM
DARKie

Who you are?
I'm Jason. When I'm not playing, I'm usually on Dad duty for my 2 kids. I like movies and Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror TV (Supernatural, Fringe, Grimm, American Horror Story, etc). I also like cooking BBQ on my smoker.

1) What is your character's name? Tuck
2) What is your primary class? Medic
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Lv 5. Medical Tool, Lv 5 Nano Regen, Lv 4 Nanoweave
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? Magrider
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Lv 3 Engi Tool, Saron 2ndary gun for Magrider, Nemesis for HA, AMS for Sunderer
6) Any additional information on your character(s)? I run engineer when I'm driving a vehicle or gunning. I switch to Medic when we are inside, fighting soft targets.

Last edited by tuck on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 am
DARKie

Who you are?

My name's Silas but Crusher is typically easier to say. Married with kids, we lived in NYC until sort of recently when we transplanted to the south. I've recently taken tennis back up after a couple decades of rest. Similarly, while I wasn't a founding a member of DARK I joined pretty early. I played a lot for a few years, then took several years off and am now slowly starting back up again. I have a long history of headsets and microphones breaking, and at the moment I can hear perfectly fine on TS but I don't appear to be able to talk on it. I'm working on it.

After playing virtually all of PS1 as a Rexo-wearing AV/SA specialized ground pounder (yes, I know, I was basically setting myself up to fail every time I spawned, but the joy of occasionally soloing a Reaver or a BFR absolutely made up for it), you'd think I'd be a card-carrying HA enthusiast. But no, LA and their jetpacks of accidental suicide have won my heart in PS2. Tried out the other classes for a bit first (I think I have bronze medals with like 6 different weapons) and have settled on LA. I spend most of my time in game trying to flank or get above the enemy. Works great when I can get there, but I die a lot trying to get into position.

What does your character do? Dies. All the time. Horribly.

1) What is your character's name? CrusherMcGee
2) What is your primary class? Light Assault
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Improved Jetpack 2, Faster Sprint
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Grenade Bandolier, C4, Extended ammo clip for shotgun, better guns for Sundy and better sights for different weapons

6) Any additional information on your character(s)? I'm married and all, but after all this time I've found my soulmate: the Pandora auto shotgun. It just liquefies HA even with shields up at close range, but it sucks down ammo like there's no tomorrow. The extended ammo cert should help with this.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 am
DARKie

Who you are?
My name is Ben, some of you might know me as Roland's younger brother. I'm a guy fresh out of college who spent a bit too long in the lab with a few too many science majors. I played planetside 1 with a greater frequency and intensity than any healthy and balanced individual should and might be one of the few who remember Malign when he played TR most of the time back in 2003.

What does your character do? I'd have to reiterate what Crusher said, but when I'm not dying horribly I'm rocket spamming infantry in my Scythe or flying a liberator so someone else can farm them while I get the credit.

1) What is your character's name? VSpaz
2) What is your primary class? Light Assault though I default to medic when jumpjets are bugged (which happens frequently)
3) What abilities do you have certed on your primary class? Flash grenades, C4, Pandora w/ extended mag, adrenaline pump
4) What is or will be your primary support vehicle? The Liberator w/ Zepher
5) What other certs do you have or plan on having in the future for your character? Smoke grenades, liberator afterburner or decoy flares (haven't decided yet), more upgraded composite armor, and the precision bombing airframe.
6) Any additional information on your character(s)? I've found my niche in that I'm well equipped at clearing snipers and other LA people off of buildings, particularly the top roof above tech plants (where all the turrets are)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm
DARKie

Name is Joe, but everyone has called me 'Schiz, short for my character name. Live in southeast Georgia, near Savannah. Been playing since WAAAY back, originally in Anarchy 99 (TR from PS1), then went purple here with DARK. Getting back in the groove, so rusty as hell, but practicing. Love to play, wish my schedule allowed more. Once I get the hang of this new incarnation, I will do like I did in the last game, whatever needs doing. I may not have the fastest reflexes, or the best piloting skills (especially now with 360 degrees of movement), but I will keep plugging until we get it done.

Away from the computer, I like tinkering with my Jeep, shooting & hunting, fixing computers, driving my co-workers crazy. My wife has a non-profit thrift store to benefit injured and unwanted pets, so it goes without saying that I'm an employee there too. Have a soft spot for dogs in particular, so we have lots of them. Theyre just like our kids, only fuzzier. I keep hoping they finally start speaking english one day, but so far....

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]