View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Account wide SC unlocks coming & clarifying defender boosts 
DARKie

Post Account wide SC unlocks coming & clarifying defender boosts
source: joystiq.com

Account-wide SC unlocks
When asked if the devs had considered allowing Station Cash purchases to be unlocked for an entire account, Higby replied yes; apparently, player feedback on this topic has already convinced the team to allow such unlocks. Folks itching to take advantage of this immediately will have to be patient, though, as there is no exact time frame for the deployment of the change. "It's just a matter of how long it's going to take to get it right," Higby said. "The good news is that it will be retroactive, so any items that you did buy will automatically go across your entire account once we put it in." He went on to say that there will not be an extra premium for unlocking things across your entire account; prices will remain what they are now. There's one notable exception to the account-wide unlocks: If you buy something that is faction specific (like the Jackhammer weapon for the New Conglomerate), you won't be able to use it on other factions on the account.

XP boost for base defenders
Higby pointed out that defenders can ultimately get a much larger reward for defending a base than attackers get for conquering. All players see the one-time reward that comes with capturing a base, but apparently many players miss that each and every action taken during a base defense -- be it a rez, heal, or kill -- has an extra 15% XP boost attached. So the longer a player participates in a defense, the more profitable it is in terms of certs and XP. Although the mechanic is already in-game, Higby said that the team could do more to make it readily apparent to folks.

Higby said that the dev team's ongoing goal is to make large-scale strategic goals even more meaningful.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile ICQ
DARKie

Post Re: Account wide SC unlocks coming & clarifying defender boo
Reese wrote:
source: joystiq.com

XP boost for base defenders
Higby pointed out that defenders can ultimately get a much larger reward for defending a base than attackers get for conquering. All players see the one-time reward that comes with capturing a base, but apparently many players miss that each and every action taken during a base defense -- be it a rez, heal, or kill -- has an extra 15% XP boost attached. So the longer a player participates in a defense, the more profitable it is in terms of certs and XP. Although the mechanic is already in-game, Higby said that the team could do more to make it readily apparent to folks.

Higby said that the dev team's ongoing goal is to make large-scale strategic goals even more meaningful.

Yea, it's been there for awhile, but between the boosts, alpha squad bonus, headshot bonus, max bonus, etc... It's really hard to tell what each bonus is for. The could do a lot with the data collection and display of your stats (Ie, have defenders bonus points show up as a column in your stats, etc.)

Of course they would have to get those metrics working first before they start adding stuff... lol

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: Account wide SC unlocks coming & clarifying defender boo
Good for those playing the same empire on different servers I guess, though that'll be nice for camo and other accessories. So much is faction specific. I doubt they'll lose much money. I'm surprised the shotguns are not Nanite Systems, I bet they're all the same across empires.

The other day I was trying to figure out with Alydon why I was getting a higher percentage xp boost than normal. When he noticed he was getting it too and I looked at the map, it hit me later that night. 15% defense xp is in fact already in-game. :)

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]