View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Battle ships/stars in PS2 
DARKie

Post Battle ships/stars in PS2
I don't want this link provided by AznChristian to disappear from the shout box so here it is again. It's from information from Smedly(sp).

http://m.pcgamer.com/2012/11/29/soe-tea ... anetside-2

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am
DARKie

Post Re: Battle ships/stars in PS2
Yeah, I was pretty excited about that. I had suggested something like it when they were asking us what we wanted in PS2 way back in 2007. Apparently some other people must have had similar comments. I'd hate to be the one to work out all the bugs though, that just seems like it would be hard to have a moving facility essentially and get everything to work properly.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm
DARKie

Could be fun. I'm open to it.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 pm
DARKie

Paz wrote:
Yeah, I was pretty excited about that. I had suggested something like it when they were asking us what we wanted in PS2 way back in 2007. Apparently some other people must have had similar comments. I'd hate to be the one to work out all the bugs though, that just seems like it would be hard to have a moving facility essentially and get everything to work properly.

I wonder if it will be the new Sanc. IE, make the floating fortresses be the footholds onto the continent, have it able to be destroyed as the last base on a continent (effectively locking the continent) and have a timer before it becomes active again (ie, repaired). I think it would add a lot to the cont lock system... effectively a bio lab that has to be conquered before you drive them off the continent. That way you could lock NC out of indar, thus giving the opportunity to push TR off without being backhacked for X amount of minutes before NC can repair their foothold.

With them effectively being airships, Sony could then move them around on the continent more freely without having to explain why the warpgates shifted. Giving more opportunity to freshen up the battles as the footholds changed. (sort of like the geowarps changing X number of hours in PS1)

Lots of possibilities. Say when we finally have more than 3 conts, have only 2-3 of these able to be activated. So you are limited to what continents you have a foothold to. Make the warpgates on the ground go to other continents still so you can run there if you want, but it would take longer.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I like what Calisai said, but I'm guessing they'll be PS2's version of the caves from PS1. Hopefully they'll do a better job this time. Of course, if they're water carriers, that could really open things up with sea battles. I'm just happy with what we have now, so anything extra is just gravy.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm
DARKie

So, take down the shields, arm the 4 gens, kill the core, and then dramatic slow-mo jump off the deck. Let’s do it.

Wonder if this’ll be outfit controlled or empire.

I hope they fix hotdropping if we plan to drop vehicles from this thing.

Interesting, but now I reeeeally want to know what they are planning with it initially.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]