View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Error 1001 - Beta Install vs Launch Install 
DARKie

Post Error 1001 - Beta Install vs Launch Install
As a reminder, at the conclusion of Beta this evening, we strongly recommend removing the Beta client from your PC. This will prevent any issues with older files and assets that could affect your game play on launch. We will provide an updated launcher when it becomes available and you can begin patching the launch client. Thanks!
- RadarX

@j_smedley “There will unfortunately be no pre-loading day 1. sorry. unavoidable for a lot of reasons.”
‏@kologa “@j_smedley so us beta testers will have to uninstall and reinstall on launch date correct?”
‏@j_smedley “@kologa yes sorry. no way around it unfortunately.”

Error 1001 uninstalling ps2:
Quote:
Here are manual removal instructions. We'll have something to remove any registry entries for launch.

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answer ... a_id/36735

Source

Removing the directory takes care of almost everything related to PS2 (we had our engineers confirm it). The installer from launch will ensure nothing odd is left. The last thing we want is folks not being able to play on Tuesday.

Source

NOTE: Steps 1-2 below will probably still get you the error 1001, so just delete the directory the game is installed in as mentioned above, then follow the steps again.

Windows XP
1.Click Start, go to the Control Panel, then to Add/Remove Programs.
2.Select PlanetSide 2 Beta and click Uninstall/Change at the top of the window or right click PlanetSide 2 Beta and select Uninstall/Change.
3.Delete the PlanetSide 2 Beta file located here: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games.
4.Finally, delete the file npsoeact.dll from this location: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Account)\Application Data\Sony Online Entertainment.

Windows Vista/7
1.Click Start, go to the Control Panel, then under Programs select Uninstall a program.
2.Select PlanetSide 2 Beta and click Uninstall/Change at the top of the window or right click PlanetSide 2 Beta and select Uninstall/Change.
3.Next delete the PlanetSide 2 Beta file located here: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games.
4.Finally, delete the file npsoeact.dll from this location: C:\Users\(Your Account)\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment.

Windows 8
The file system is exactly the same as Vista and 7, except for the location of the Control Panel. You can follow the same steps in the Windows Vista/7 section to uninstall PS2 once you're there.
•To get to the Control Panel, move the mouse cursor to the top or bottom right side of the screen until a set of options appear. Once the options appear click on Settings and the Control Panel will appear. Alternately, just mouse over the area here the Start button used to appear and right click to see the Control Panel option.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Last edited by ObsidianOne on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Beta Install vs Launch Install
ObsidianOne wrote:
As a reminder, at the conclusion of Beta this evening, we strongly recommend removing the Beta client from your PC. This will prevent any issues with older files and assets that could affect your game play on launch. We will provide an updated launcher when it becomes available and you can begin patching the launch client. Thanks!
- RadarX, Today at 4:15 PM

@j_smedley “There will unfortunately be no pre-loading day 1. sorry. unavoidable for a lot of reasons.”
‏@kologa “@j_smedley so us beta testers will have to uninstall and reinstall on launch date correct?”
‏@j_smedley “@kologa yes sorry. no way around it unfortunately.”

I'm going one further... I'm going to reload windows completely... :twisted:

Getting a new SSD drive so hopefully that shows up prior to launch (I'm hoping monday)... otherwise i'll be doing a quick reinstall after launch... :(

Edit: Woo hoo... SSD is in the state! very good chance to have everything up and running by Tue. :bounce:

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Last edited by Calisai on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

now if they only took it 1 step further and announced PS1 will be free for the weekend so we all have something to play i would be much happier...lol.

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm
DARKie

I'll run ccleaner after uninstalling it.

Also, be sure to check your drivers so they're up to date.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 am
DARKie

Prez wrote:
I'll run ccleaner after uninstalling it.

Also, be sure to check your drivers so they're up to date.

be nice if nvidia released a better set of beta drivers so physics can work with a good fps

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 am
DARKie

There's a common 1001 error when trying to uninstall. I'm going to wait until Monday to see if they come up with a fix. If not, I'll just delete the folder and run the registry cleaner from ccleaner.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 pm
DARKie

Prez wrote:
There's a common 1001 error when trying to uninstall. I'm going to wait until Monday to see if they come up with a fix. If not, I'll just delete the folder and run the registry cleaner from ccleaner.

lol i already removed it manually.

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 pm
DARKie

DarkVenom wrote:
Prez wrote:

lol i already removed it manually.
Same error, and also removed it manually. Did a manual cleanup on all SOE/PS2 files, and ran the cleanup Prez mentioned. Hope that works. :mrgreen:

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 pm
DARKie

Added some info above found on uninstall error Error 1001: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5421#p39957

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm
DARKie

Steps 1 and 2 cannot be done since the error 1001 comes up with most (all?) people. Here's what RadarX said about uninstalling it:

Quote:
Removing the directory takes care of almost everything related to PS2 (we had our engineers confirm it). The installer from launch will ensure nothing odd is left. The last thing we want is folks not being able to play on Tuesday.

I'd still delete the files mentioned on their instruction page, but instead of using the broken uninstall feature in step 2, just delete the folder RadarX talked about.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]