View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
CobaltExodus and his brother 

Post CobaltExodus and his brother
My brother and I just started playing planetside yesterday, and so we're looking for some other people to play with. Right now I'm just applying for him, but i'll get him to sign up and whatnot

1. Cobalt Exodus

2. None, just started

3. RL First Name (optional):

4. 18

5. actually pretty random times, im in college. Generally afternoons/late nights Central time. Dunno how much i play yet

6. I was looking for a group to join, its way more fun playing as a team, and i love co-op games and stuff like that. I was looking at azure twilight but they seem way too strict, and hardly any fun

7. Fairly new at Planetside, but this game looks really awesome and im excited to play and learn and get better

------and this is for my brother-----

1. icantthinkofaname1 (lol i wanted him to remake his char when he did this)

2. none

3. RL First Name (optional):

4. 17

5. kind of random, not sure yet, sorry D:

6. brother Cobalt, wants to play with other people too
7. Also new but wants to play and learn fast

well i think thats it, thanks guys, hope to play soon!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:24 pm
DARKie

Welcome to the DARK boards and to PlanetSide. We love seeing new players in the game. You mentioned you and your brother are new to the PlanetSide. DARK is a small outfit of experienced players but we’re not really set up to train people. We expect everyone in DARK to know what to do in a number of situations without explanation. We’re also very strict, in that an air cert is required and everyone is expected to drop whatever you’re doing in an instant to follow the squad leader’s or outfit leaders instructions. For new VS players, I’d recommend looking into an outfit like Ghosts of the Revolution (GOTR). They seem to be pretty active still and have a lot of good, experienced players. Their outfit is set up to teach basic tactics from vehicles to foot soldiering. They almost always have a squad or three listed and have been around for years so you shouldn’t have to worry about being the only member online.

If you still prefer to join DARK, we are most active between 11:00PM and 2:00AM Eastern U.S. time (8-11 PM Pacific), give or take a couple hours. Look for our squad and remember to have an air cert at a minimum (mossie recommended). And again, welcome to PlanetSide!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 pm

alright, ill check it out thanks. My brother found some outfit i think, idk. You guys arent really strict-seeming, sure a 'required certification' i can understand, those guys were super obsessed about controlling people, seemingly beyond the point of it being fun :/

yeah, we know like, nothing about this game, i've killed like only 2 people and died countless times, heh

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:24 pm
DARKie

I agree with Prez, that outfits like Azure Twilight and Ghosts of the Revolution appear to have more rules, DARK has more expectations of movement and experience, also we tend to fight smaller fights and avoid the large battles Planetside is famous for.
Although Ghosts of the Revolution does have a fair amount of structure and requirements to it they were at one point the #1 VS outfit in US-EAST, and are better equipped to get new players up to speed.
This is their forum: http://www.gotr.us/

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:18 pm
Alliance Member

As an former DARK member/AT member I do know both outfits rules and expectations, as for AT we do have an air calvary branch that works behind the lines. If you need any more assistance feel free to visit the Azure twilight forums

www.azuretwilight.org

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]