View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
gr3g 

Post gr3g
1. In game name (login name should be the same):
gr3g [BR21/CR3]

2. List your alts that you play, or have played regularly from all empires (VS, TR and NC):
*DarthGreg, NC [BR25/CR4] (1st Cavalry Midget Mobile)
Wykkydtron, TR [BR8/CR1] (no outfit)

* is on a second account, that is presently inactive. May activate it soonish.

3. RL First Name (optional):
I bet you can guess. Here's a hint: it doesn't have a 3!

4. RL Age (optional):

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
EST, late evenings depending on performance/rehearsal schedule.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know here:
OBD hollered at me in my reintroduction thread on the boards, and remembering him from my time in 1CMM, I looked him up for a squad when I got back in-game and have been playing with y'all since.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us? Additional comments or questions here:
My name may not have much penetration among modern PS players but I've been around the block. This character's origin was in the summer after PS went retail, and with whom I spent a brief amount of time in Xen of Onslaught, then left to join Ahriman Corps. I played there with all the oldschool AC guys for a few months until I burned out and quit, just as Core Combat was released.

Years later I created a new account to play again, having found myself unable to recover my old account info. Rolled NC, went through the same process of starting in a zergfit then tracking down the best, and I began the process of being recruited into 1st Cavalry Midget Mobile. Blazed my way to BR25 as quickly as possible then found myself burned out, and quit shortly before being brought into the outfit. I came back a year later and was recruited, though at that time 1CMM had diminished significantly in activity, and farming CEP with randoms lost its appeal before long.

Since then I've gone through and recovered from WoW addiction and made a few other radical life changes, and now I'm looking back to PS to have a little fun and escape.

I've always loved and excelled at grunting in this game, but it wasn't until I started playing with Anakin from AC that I fell in love with flying. Since then I've done quite a lot of it, and at times was one of the best pilots on Emerald. I rocked Surgile when it was around and reluctantly switched to Rexo/AV when Rexo got buffed and Surge got nerfed. I love using HA and bitching about how its balanced. I always cert Adv. Hack, and love the team game, but only until it starts getting onerous.

Y'all have been playing with me for a few days now and should know my style, and that I'm certainly comfortable using TS and playing in a squad context. Toss me a tag and expect to hear me fill up TS, discussing the finer points of metal and Battlestar, and begging to be let go to get up in the air during ops - but most importantly, to kill many many TR and NC.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 am
DARKie

Anyone from 1CMM I am automatically terrified of ever facing you in air/with a JH

AIM : Serialkitten2
Xfire : Uri
Steam : vdawwg
Live : taintedpride

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 pm
DARKie

Welcome gr3g. It was good having you run with us the other night. See you in game!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm
DARKie

When DARK was young..ish.. our biggest concerns in a hacked base, especially a base with less than 5 mins to go, was the 1CMM or Liberty strike to resecure.

While the rest of the VS tk'd each other in circle jerks, DARK and Celestial Fire were frequently alone in and around the CC. This is where we did a lot of talking, a lot of teaching, and established our modus operandi. And we did all that, due to outfits like 1CMM and Liberty. They were the games premier leetfits and they would kick your ass.

So yeah, I think it goes without saying when you started seeing certain names in the killspam, you knew they were coming. Sometimes our three squads even beat their 1 not filled squad. Such was the scatmax in my face.

Good luck in DARK Gr3g.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]