View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
eQuack's Application 

Post eQuack's Application
1. In game name (login name should be the same): eQuack

2. RL First Name (optional): Eric

3. RL Age (optional): 18

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): e_quackenbush@hotmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: Eastern (GMT-5)
Weekends/Holiday Breaks: Pretty much all day
During the semester: Nights (6PM to 12PM usually).

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

I have seen you guys on the battlefield and my observations are most likely biased only seeing the killspam and not what goes on behind the scenes. However, what motivated me to even decide to post this application was the following segment from the Application Info Post. "...and most of all fed up with directionless and unstructured play."

That quote seemed me as a refutation and antithesis of the zerg playstyle. I hate the mentality of the "zerg." It's seemingly omnipresent on the battlefield today. Zerging can manifest itself in so many ways, but I define the broad considerations of the playstyle as this: Passing up the chance to move one step closer in on the enemy. Thats one of the motivations as to why the "fastmover" playstyle was created in the early days of Planetside, to be the surgical knife if you will, skillful and precise, ready to move in on the enemy, to take bases, to take towers in the heat of battle. Zergs would rather play in such a futile manner and go down the road the failure than take the chance to improve on their own tactics to win.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?

I guess I covered how I approach the game in the above question. However, I will say this. My goal is simple and always has been this one virtue, continuous improvement. I.e. finding a better strafing pattern, aiming more efficiently, finding the cookie-cutter tactic to win the day. Never settle for mediocre or half-assed play, improve yourself and your team and in return, you get more out of the game, more "fun". Within a team setting, I execute orders in the most efficient way possible and also point out "optimality" issues to the SL a lot. Yes, optimality, its out there in the game, but no one seems to want to reach it. I often see so much shit that could improve with not only myself, but with teamwork.

So there, you have it, my whole conception of the game and my goals. I just hope you may understand and not let this thread die down in a bunch of egowars, flaming or other incessant ramblings.

Thank you.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 am
DARKie

I was wondering if you had any characters on VS other than eQuack as you posted in your application, because if I can jog by memory I believe that eQuack was a TR 25/5 character?

Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:41 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

lots of big words... my head hurts now :(

ps: welcome to the board

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 pm

My main on VS is aWarpingLasherNoob. I don't often play VS, but times are changing and I can't stick to NC/TR forever. I was only decent at best with the lasher before the "buff," now I'm trying to retrain myself using it.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:39 pm
Alliance Member

Better get your macro set up and fine tune it to optimum Lasher'ing. It's all about muscle memory, something a fellow e-athelete such as yourself will appreciate.

Good luck with your app

www.deltatriad.com

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm
DARKie

Hey equack, welcome to the DARK boards and thank you for your application.

Naturally, there has been some discussion of you on the inner boards and a lot of chat about your past. You won't find "egowars" or flaming on our boards, or applicant's posts, DARK is a group of mostly older, more mature players that have gone beyond the childish TK fests and flame wars in /B and /C chat. And because of our level of maturity, we are willing at times to look beyond past events and realize that some players deserve a chance to game with us. The same carries through in game, and that's why we have become the "meling pot" of good, mature players who still want to participate in some coordination and tactics in game. There are several non outfit members who squad with us daily because they are looking for that same aspect of this great game.

I read in your post your comments regarding offering up suggestions to the SL/PL and making people better players. That is fine if it's done through tells, and certainly not over ts. Also, please realize there is a time and place for those comments. I would first suggest you learn the players and their strengths first, before coming on board and trying to change what's been working for us the past 4 years, and why you have an interest in joining us to begin with.

DARK has typically moved in the shadows, but over the past year been cast in the forefront for the VANU because of what we do. We are not DT, nor do we want to be. We are DARK first and foremost, and we believe in DARK for DARK.

That being said, run with us a couple weeks and see if we are a good fit for each other, if not, no hard feelings, and if so, welcome to DARK.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]