View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
That Sucked 
DARKie

Post That Sucked
I was in a random squad and went to leave, but I didn't realize I was on the outfit screen, so I left the outfit. 7000 outfit points erased. That sucked.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:16 am
DARKie

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:23 am
Alliance Member

I've seen many do that and it does suck. Some left with over +30K. Everytime I hear something like that, I live in more fear and check a few times to make sure it's the squad window.

Sorry to hear that AA. :(

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:06 am
DARKie

I get a morning report on the comings, goings, and rank changes every morning. I saw that you had left and I sat straight up in my chair.

I'm glad it was a mistake, you are welcome here AA seriously, and I'm sorry for the mistake made. OP's aren't worth anything other than longevity, so we have to lump you in with Roland and Pale now having performed the Click of Doom.

Garet of Celestial Fire did that with well over 100K ops. Yeah, it's a pissah.

Doooooom

oh and for everyone who doesnt know, just from the chat screen type /leave to remove yourself from the squad.
/leave from squad
/pleave if you're SL in a platoon to leave that platoon
/pkick if you're Platoon leader and you want to get rid of a squad. /pkick <playername>
i know this is to late, but maybe we can keep someone else from making the same mistake.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:23 am
DARKie

Don't ever hit the 'leave' button while severly exhausted or inebriated (both in my case). 17,000 OP gone...

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:15 am
DARKie

Ouch, it's not often we hear it, but it really does suck - at least you're still with us.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:19 am
DARKie

See you on the battlefield working back your ops AA!

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:26 am
DARKie

Oh, and I don't know if this ever happened to anyone in DARK, but it happened a few times in another outfit I was in. There is (or was) a bug that makes you appear to not be in the outfit(on your outfit pane and other members' panes as well). When you hit O, you get the outfit points list as if you were LFO. I've seen this happen to maybe 10 people in my years of PS. DO NOT REJOIN THE OUTFIT. If you do, you'll be reseting your points. Just relog and it will fix itself with your points in tact. Most players will never see this bug, and SOE might have fixed it at some point while I was off playing WoW or something.. but I just thought I'd give a heads-up.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:43 pm
DARKie

Post Re: That Sucked
ArmedAcorn wrote:
I was in a random squad and went to leave, but I didn't realize I was on the outfit screen, so I left the outfit. 7000 outfit points erased. That sucked.

OUCH..

I've had this happen to my Markov guy twice... once by the OL by accident while cleaning up inactives (3K OP lost) ... and once by the click of doom on my part (15K)...

The first one was like a knife in the back... the second was like me reaching around and twisting it myself. :shock:

The pisser is... even with all that... when i left i was 4th in OP. I thought they were going to put in a verification window to cut down on the accidents....

Cal.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: That Sucked
Calisai wrote:
I thought they were going to put in a verification window to cut down on the accidents....

Cal.

I need one of those called the idiot check or 'I'm with stupid'.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:03 pm
DARKie

Malign was cleaning the outfit list one day so I added to the outfit kick spam the oldie but goodie /o Malign has kicked OneBadDude out of the outfit. I think his heart stopped for a few seconds.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:12 am
Alliance Member

Back around Build 2.12, there was a nasty bug introduced that shortened the server's client saves from 10 minutes to 2 minutes to the Global server rather than the zone server. The bug would be if the client logged (left) at exactly the 2 minute mark of saving, the data for oufit point calculation would be ommitted as well as the link to that outfit. In other words, when the client logged back in, they would come up as being without an outfit. The work around was to log-out, wait for atleast 2 minutes (for the global server to fetch the backup (last save before)), and then log back in. They would be back in their outfit with points intact. Re-joining their old outfit would only reset their OP level to zero and thus save that content. An in-game appeal would correct this though.
This undocumented bug like several others usually can't be made public for security reasons.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]