View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Hi.. I'm Phys 
DARKie

Post Hi.. I'm Phys
1. In game name (login name should be the same):
Physed (Pronounced Fizz-Ed like the gym class, most people call me Phys)

2. RL First Name (optional):
Eddie

3. RL Age (optional):

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid):
emaupin@gmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
Central time. 5pm-midnight is the normal playtime, but sometimes during the day and late at night.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
I've known of DARK for a long time, and spoke to Malign the other day.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
I'm an NC cr5/br25 and a founding member of the Forgotten Soldiers, although I've left and rejoined a couple of times over the past 4 years. In those times, I was a member of ZAON Imperium (NC rapid response outfit), until most of the players went to WoW, and Liberty.. which switched to VS as "Tempest" for a while. I've become fed up with the NC, especially their incompetent cr5s, and so I've decided to switch to VS full-time. As for my personal playstyle, I tend to flipflop between rapid-response and kill-whoring. Hotdropping and organized air squadding is fun as well.

Anyway.. I've always respected DARK from the NC point of view, so I've decided to look here first. I intend to squad with you guys for a while to see if my playstyle matches up, so I just wanted to stop in here and say "hello." So... hello!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:45 pm
DARKie

Thanks for the interest, look for us in game, we usually have a squad or two up and listed. If you don't get accepted try sending a tell to the Sl and let him know you posted on the boards. We'll get you in. Feel free to PM or /tell me in game if you have any questions.

OBD

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Welcome to the forums and hope to see you in game soon. Glad you made the switch and knew where to come. :wink:

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 am
DARKie

You and I talked about plainly DARK's rule of no alt's in outfit on same server. Your primary character would be in DARK and you are sick to shit of the NC. I can empathize. I played Malign's predecessor on Konried and Dreaded on Emerald. When the servers merged, I continued with Dreaded. 6 months later, I left the TR and have never looked back. Yes I left friends, but I found much longer lasting ones as VS and made DARK around them and with them. With your name being the same, you may take some schtick.. as I did.. but it was worth it and just an /addignore away if it got to nasty (which for me it never did).

The quality of person playing VS is generally more mature. I say generally because their are asshats to be sure. But inter-outfit coordination is done fairly often and we are re-assessing our own mission statement at the moment as well.

I appreciate your posting here, and hope you can squad up with us a few times during the next few days so both you and us can get a feel for each other. Chances are we do things differently, but our tendencies are all listed here on the site so please make sure those are read fully and understood. A large part of what's kept this outfit together has been a "holier than thou" attitude in that we don't do certain things that most other FPS gamers consider the norm. No drama = 3 years and counting, kicking ass and getting hate tells.

See you in game man.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am
DARKie

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 pm
DARKie

Thanks for the invite guys, I had a blast owning with yall tonight.

Figured I'd post a little more personal information about myself:

As I said in the app, I'm 26 years old. I'm a Katrina evacuee now living in north Louisiana near Shreveport. I'm a graduate from Tulane University with a degree in history. I've just recently enrolled at LSU-Shreveport in the Computer Science Masters program, although I'll be spending at least a semester or two doing undergrad pre-reqs. I work part-time in a family-owned retail business that sells gifts, baby clothes, flowers, other stuff. I mostly run the financial end of things, or whatever is necessary.

On the side, I'm a part-time chef, working for a small catering business.. my specialties are cajun food, barbeque, and anything fried or grilled. I'm a bit of an alcoholic, which is why you won't see me on many weekend nights.. although you might find a grouchy version of me online during the day on Saturday or Sunday while I'm nursing a hangover. I also have a love for politics, although lately I've just about given up on both parties and started voting Libertarian. I'm fairly conservative on domestic and foreign affairs, and liberal on social issues. If you find me online while drinking, don't get me started on politics.. I tend to be more opinionated while inebriated. Many people suffer from the same affliction. Fortunately, I don't often drink while I'm gaming.. I prefer to be out at bars and such.

Anyway.. I'm a big college football fan, mainly LSU and Tulane(even though they always fail.. gotta support the alma mater) I've been trying to get into NASCAR, but so far I just can't force myself to do anything more than tolerate it.

I was just about finished with PS a few months back when I decided to break down and build myself a new gaming rig. Going from 5 FPS in red-alert fights to 100 FPS has made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game. It also made my K/D ratio go from 2:1 to 6:1 on most nights. I always suspected that PC power made more of a different than personal skill, and I proved myself right.

So now I play almost every day. I rolled a new character to join DARK, being that my old VS character (PhysedNC) had that annoying NC tag on the end of it.. and don't ask me why I put it there.. your guess is as good as mine.. heh. Just hit br8 tonight, and I expect to be up around br12-14 by early next week. With just these few cert points, I've mostly been uni-max and mossie wh0ring, but eventually I'll shift over to a traditional killwhore build: rexo/med/eng/HA/AV/mossie. That leaves 5 points free at br23 to use for magrider/reaver/adv med/sniping/AI max.. some combination of those that I generally shift around all the time.

I guess that's enough about me for one night. Thanks again for the invite, see you on the field!

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:54 am
DARKie

That's some very interesting stuff their Physed--- we usually have 2 squads up during EST primetime, stay in the yellow squad, it typically is full, and you'll make battle rank even faster. Sorry I haven't gotten to squad with you yet, hopefully I will get to play tonight!

OBD

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:46 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

I've extended outfit rights to the webboards as i saw you were invited last night. enjoy the read, you've got 3 years of catching up to do :twisted:

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:22 am
DARKie

enjoy the read, you've got 3 years of catching up to do :twisted:

darn...I haven't even read all 3 years of posts...thats some insane torture Mal. :lol:

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 am
DARKie

thats some insane torture Mal. :lol:

Torture?! You should feel privileged! :wink:

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:41 am
DARKie

NightStrike wrote:
thats some insane torture Mal. :lol:

Torture?! You should feel privileged! :wink:

I suppose I should have reworded the post better....

spam=bad
training/strategies=good

btw...After posting my spam comment I forgot to say Welcome to DARK Physed!! :D :D :D

ALTS
DrunkElmo-TR Waterson
BlackVenomX- NC Connery

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]