View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Orionmac Application 
Post Orionmac Application
1. In game name (login name should be the same): Orionmac

2. RL First Name (optional): Aaron

3. RL Age (optional): 31

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): orionmac@hotmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: Eastern/3 day's a week

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
Know a few people, and while soloing I noticed I was doing alot of the same things as alot of your members.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us? nope

Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 pm
DARKie

Thanks for the app. Look us up in game, we usually have a squad listed. Fire away questions as they arise. For the most part, we are a more mature, older group of people who take their gaming serious, and have a lot of fun together. See you on the battlefield.

Thu May 17, 2007 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

The application thread is not the place to discuss any negativity regarding an applicant, that's why we have outfit only forums. Please post your thoughts and feelings there

- Malign.

Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm
I'm sorry Uri, but you don't have the whole story.
What's more is that you're wrong about so many of the things you just said.

But I can't change the way you feel.

Fri May 18, 2007 12:22 am
DARKie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:24 am
Okay, so it seems I should explain myself a bit more:

The following is a cut and paste of my msg to Urinal:
Warbagel and Skyshot were condescending and dismissive of me from the get go.
They, and a number of other long time ISers simply excluded me from discussions about the outfit despite my efforts to do good for it. They even made sweeping descisions about the outfit, as it pertained to PS, without even playing. I repeatedly tried to wrestle control from them and put it in the hands of the remaining PS players. It is those players who backed me through everything, even Spartikus-K. Spart even quit IS, in part because they out and out refused me to take OL, despite how hard I worked for months and months during the WoW exodus.

I suppose I should have just let them have their way. I made my statement, and they twisted my words. It's because of that, that I regret doing it.

It's interesting what you would say about ISFizz, that he would support me to my face and then bad mouth me behind my back. I met him once, didn't seem like the type.

I never knew you held a grudge, much less enough of a grudge to sucker punch me like that. If I had known you felt that way I would have never come here.

But since I'm here I humbly ask you for a second chance.

This described the culmination of about three incidents relating to two or three people who didn't even play PS anymore. Believe me when I say that from my point of view I was the one being abused, and it was certainly a two way fight. I chalked it all up to personality differences with a small handful of people, none of which ever joined PS, and most of which don't even play (besides the odd free month promotion).

Malign "DARK is a haven for people who have been through the ringer in planetside"
^ this, amongst other things that Malign said in a different message describe me very well. I'm done with typical PS ambitions. I just want to play with guys who've been around (like me) and who (hopefully) won't quit or switch empires or abandon the outfit at a moments notice. I want to play with people I can get along with, have a little bit of friendly banter.

Most of you would only know me from the efforts that I make in CR5 chat and globals to *improve* gameplay for the VS. I like to help, and as I see it the best, and often hardest, way to help is by leading. I couldn't lead IS despite having (IMO) earned it, so I lead as a CR5, and never got any complaints. BTW, like I said, I have no ambitions to lead DARK, I just want to run with guys who know what they are doing (I turned down a leadership role in aP for the same reasons)

Ask Warbagel, Skyshot, ISFizz and SpaceAce(if you ever see him in PS) and they will tell you pretty much what Urinal said. But ask Spartikus, Tacjack, Homeslice, Imachick, Vanuhitman, and others from IS, and all the people from aP and they'll tell you I'm not like that. I am a team player, I'm not arrogant or self-centered.
If anything I stand up for what I believe in, and that's what got me into trouble.

P.S. this is rather cathartic, I didn't get a chance to explain myself before.

P.P.S. you guys say you don't want drama, and yet here it is...sorry.

Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am
DARKie

I just want to make my views clear here. The above post goes a long way with me, but we will handle this application like we do every other application.

Every person that comes to this board will be treated with the respect you would want to be treated. I would encourage those with personal issues to resolve those within PM's if for no other reasons than this is a game, and we all live in glass houses, and not a one of us has never done anything that we didn't wish we could take back.

Fri May 18, 2007 9:56 am
DARKie

Orion, I am sympathetic to your problems with IS. KoS too was run by many IC members who never played, and I had issue with that. I posted several times on the officer forums regarding that as well. I left on good terms, as many I still consider "friends", there are a few there however I would not choose to go to battle with. So trust me when I say I understand and am sympathetic to your situation.

Fri May 18, 2007 10:29 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Welcome to the boards Orion - Look for us in game; see you on the battlefield.

Fri May 18, 2007 10:54 am
DARKie

Orion, I'm sorry to say I don't think DARK is going to be the right fit for you.

The reason is probably apparent, so I won’t waste time trying to sugar coat it. Some of our members have had bad experiences, and I think it would be more drama than it's worth to smooth them over, and in all reality they would probably never be erased. I'm sorry to say it, but there it is.

Good luck and we'll see you on the battle field.

Sat May 19, 2007 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]