View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
SoldierFDG reporting 
DARKie

2. RL First Name (optional): Ben

3. RL Age (optional): 18

4. Email address where we can reach you: alpha_leader_of_the_fdg@yahoo.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: Eastern Timezone - I play anywhere from 3-11 most night

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
Fedaykinn was lfsm, I joined his squad. He was very helpful and very profesional. From there I later met other people in DARK who invited me in. I saw you were organized and profesional in how you deal with situations, and that attracted me to DARK.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
I just got the game a week ago (I'm at BR 7), although I played the demo several times.

I am trying to get TS, but the TS FTP server is down, I'm going to look for it on bittorrent, so maybe I can get it up and running.

Thanks for the invite, always good to know someone in game.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:49 am
DARKie

I'm a CT boy myself.. drove up a durham a few times to kick UNH's ass in rugby way back in the day (like.. way back in the day.. hehe) UCONN BABY!

ahem.. right. Welcome to DARK :D

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:21 pm
DARKie

Stratham,right near the Stratham-Exeter town line

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:15 pm
DARKie

I'm glad to see you jumped on board. I also just wanted to say I'd have never known you were BR7 on your first character if you hadn't have said it. You play like a pro, and exhibit a good knowledge of tactics. Having and actively using your AMS (for its intended purpose mind you) for example, is impressive to me. At BR7 I think I finally figured out that I could run really fast in a max if I pressed "Q" ...

Anyway, hope you enjoy DARK

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:36 pm
DARKie

A small concern with SodierFDG is he's online when not many of us are. The nature of the beast of this outfit is, we're at work when you're ready to play (trust me I wish it wasn't that way!) Hang in there though, our squads start to fill out after dinnertime EST.. me included.

Please be aware of any Celestial Fire squads running around at that time too. Ask to join up in the interim until we come online.

Again, glad to have you.

p.s. To bad there isn't this

/macro OS /l Run away Run away! /OS
Would be nice if you could automatically set your sights on yourself, and you'd have 10 seconds to hightail it.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:33 pm
DARKie

I also just wanted to say I'd have never known you were BR7 on your first character if you hadn't have said it. You play like a pro, and exhibit a good knowledge of tactics.

Thanks for the compliment. I usually have a good sense of tactics (and I actually notice when something isn't working), but right now I don't have the skills to stay alive long enough to do much (why I'm fine with running support). Because I played the demo a while back, I am still trying to figure out the details of the BWG system, and I don't know much about the BFRs. I wish I had more certs! There is so much that I want to get, but at BR7, I can only get 9 points. The good news is that I'm almost BR8.

I'm usually not on right at 3, because I usually have stuff (like homework) to get done then. That's the earliest I'll probably be on. 11 is also a latest, I'm not usually on that late.

The one thing that I really need to work on is my very short expected combat lifetime (usually less short when I'm sniping). If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks again for inviting me into the outfit.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:34 pm
DARKie

The one thing that I really need to work on is my very short expected combat lifetime (usually less short when I'm sniping). If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this, I would be very grateful.

I would have to say that getting to BR20 will certainly increase you expected combat lifetime. :twisted:

Though I'm not joking, if you want something more helpful, just about everyone in the game gets Engineering. That'll help, but you really just need to start gaining levels.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]