View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Application 
Post Application
1. In game name: TGM

2. RL First Name (optional): Jesse

3. RL Age (optional): 23

4. Email address where we can reach you: rightclicksaveas@gmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7). I play about every other day, quite a bit in the late mornings and afternoon on weekdays (which should be around evening time where most of you guys are), as well as the occasional late evening/night sessions.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK?
Heard the outfit recommended in a PlanetSide discussion on another forum. They said you were a mature outfit, organized but not uptight. Then I found Malign ingame a few times and squadded with him, and really liked the mature atmosphere and the way you guys work together :)

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
I play a lot. I've scaled it down quite a bit recently, but I used to average about 5-6 hours a day.

I tend to stick with ground vehicles, mostly Magriders and, on occasion, Assault Buggies. I've really gotten into BFRs recently, and have put a lot of time into those. I also love gunning for vehicles, and can gun just about anything, air or ground.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:34 pm
DARKie

We'll keep an eye out for you in game. We keep our squads listed so thats the easiest way to hook up with us online.

See you on the battlefield.

Perhaps a lunatic is merely a minority of one.

The problem with world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:14 pm
DARKie

Heya, glad to see you are interested, and welcome.
in addition to Technocracy's note, just let the SL know who you are and that you submitted and application online. A lot can happen on TS, so we want to make sure our SL
s are looking out for you and making sure important things are relayed to you :)
See you in game!

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:38 pm
DARKie

I've played with TGM more than a few times. He's a keeper.

As long as he's fully versed in how DARK does things from reading the site / answering his assigned sponsor my vote is immediate entry. He's already shown his teamwork ability to me.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:46 am
DARKie

Mal says you're in, so we'll get you in the outfit asap. :wink:

Perhaps a lunatic is merely a minority of one.

The problem with world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:10 pm
Welcome TGM! Hope to get back home so I can play and see everyone by Friday!

-Lat

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:53 pm
Alliance Member

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:47 am
Thanks everybody! I've installed TeamSpeak, so I'll be sure to hop on there when I log on. I have a mic, but can't be on all the time, so I may have to do the listen mode thing occasionally.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:56 am
DARKie

Let's see you on the boards more often TGM if you would. Part of your acceptance into DARK is that you have a head on your shoulders and are a proven team player.

My word only goes so far. Let's hear it :)

If you see TGM in game, give'm a swift keister shot for me!

:violent1:

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:09 pm
If you see TGM in game, give'm a swift keister shot for me!
Hey, careful, I need that!

You got it Malign.

Hope to have the chance to squad with you again soon. I've been working most weekends lately, so I keep missing you.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:29 pm
DARKie

A'right man excellent. If you're around for this weekends OW match, would love to see you in purple squad doin your thing with your vehicle driving.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:54 pm
OK, I just found out that my video card has a problem. Namely, the fan on it has worn out and is now HANGING LOOSE FROM THE HEATSINK. Which would explain why when I checked the temperatures earlier today on a hunch, I was getting about 102C. And it would also explain why, on random occasions for the last week or so, the graphics would go dark or become garbled. I have no idea how long it's been like this, the card doesn't seem to be damaged, and I can run 2D apps fine, although the temps are much higher than I'd like them to be. So I can't run PS or any other 3D apps until I get this fixed, or my card could very well melt and catch fire to my house.

I actually wouldn't have thought to check the temps, except this morning I was reading a thread somewhere on here by someone else who was having video card problems, and it was suggested that overheating could be causing it. To whoever that was, I owe them, you may have saved me from nuking my card.

My card is an MSI GeForce 6600 GT, and checking around on various message boards, I'm not the first person it's happened to. Now I need to decide whether to try to get a replacement fan, attempt the painful RMA process, or just buy a whole new damn card. It's about that time anyway I guess.

Sometimes I really hate computers.

P.S. Solikos and I were in the middle of doing a Thresher run, and I left him in the lurch; I was trying to tab back into the game to tell him what was going on before I shut down, and PS crashed; sorry about that, we were doing really well (or at least you were, you are a phenomenal driver, and I was just trying to keep up :) ). Hope to be back up and running soon.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:06 pm
DARKie

Nice save. That card could have melted ;)

You might jury-rig it with something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835888112 instead.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:42 pm
I just found an old GeForce 4 MX440 I had almost forgotten about (running on the fabulous PCI interface, and boasting an amazing 64 MB of RAM!) That will hold me over for now, I'm going on NewEgg.com later and looking for a new card.
GTSticky wrote:
Nice save. That card could have melted ;)

You might jury-rig it with something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835888112 instead.
Good idea, I might consider something of that sort. I really like this card :(

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:33 pm
Celestial Fire

Hope you can play soon. I had fun gunning for you.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next