View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
hi! 
DARKie

Post hi!
I guess I'll start it off with the bright yellow text informing me to fill this out.

1. In game name (login name should be the same): 6827

2. RL First Name (optional): paul

3. RL Age (optional): 22

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): 326827@gmail.com, although you're probably better off with aim/msn/icq as I run my laptop as a communications center.

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: EST... as for availability, let's just say more often than not.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

I've seen some of you in action over the weekend, on your side, and I've ran into you a few times as NC.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?

I like pie.

Ahem, with that out of the way.

May of last year a bunch of guys I know got together and said 'let's all play planetside.'

We all signed up as NC and did a few things together, but most of us stopped playing. I got back into it about eight months ago and did a bunch of things with my NC character, including an appreciation for the AT turrets in the caves as well as a strange affinity for charging headlong into a group of enemies armed with nothing but a knife and the melee booster.

Unfortunately for the NC the medical applicator is to them some kind of leper's touch. I can't begin to tell you how many times I'd try to heal someone (who was sitting perfectly still at the time) only to have them flee in terror.

Friday night I decided that I really didn't like the NC anymore, and so I deleted that character and remade him with the VS. I'm only BR8 at the moment, and won't be terribly useful until I hit BR12 or 13.

I have what can only be described as a "Wacky" playstyle. Oh, I can and do follow orders when given, and try to stay close to the team and be helpful... but then there are those times when you've got a max, a mosquito, and five or six softies camping outside the spawn room on a hacked cave base and I just happen to be walking by an AT turret directly across from them.

For the most part, I'm sneaky. One of my favorite tactics as NC was to get a bunch of guys with infiltration suit and max capabilities to sneak into a base with me. I'd hijack a console and bang, suddenly six or seven max units appear out of nowhere and stand guard while I rek the CC.

At the moment I've got infil suit, AMS and Adv hacking, but since my fellow is not yet seven days old I find it advantageous to switch out adv hacking for CE/adv med if the situation calls for it.

Eh, this got longer than I intended.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
DARKie

Thanks for putting up your application, I'm sure you were spoken to a bit last night, so we'll be in touch sooner rather than later.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]