View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Reporting for duty Sah! 
DARKie

Post Reporting for duty Sah!
1. In game name (login name should be the same):

Crusti

2. RL First Name (optional):

Peter

3. RL Age (optional):

31 and loving it :wink: .

4. Email address where we can reach you:

wolniak@sympatico.ca (yes I'm too lazy to change my default)

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:

EST. I'm on almost every day after 6pm (sometimes off and on, depending on what work allows)

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

Malign's recruitment spam :). I was in a base twiddling my thumbs, whilst checking home conts for possible enemy incursions when Malign started spewing claims about how his outfit is all mature and organized. After my customary smare alec comment I actually started talking to him and one thing led to another, I joined a platoon, we kicked serious ass, and I had the best time ever while squadded. So I'm here.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?

I've been playing Planetside off and on for almost 2 years now (this is my second account). At the beginning I tried joining pickup squads and even joined the first outfit that sent me an invite. Bad mistakes on both counts as no sooner would I say hello when someone would call someone one thing and then another and before you know it you have a bunch of adolescents TKing each other. So I stopped squadding altogether (I have been in less than 10 in the past 18 months). I started playing on 1.2Ghz dinosaur, so large fights were never my thing (7FPS in orange alert = painful). I would guard critical bases or resecure continents - small fights most of the time.

While running alone has many advantages (like not putting up with adolescent crap - I like the crapless existence too), it would also get pretty boring most of the time. Once I hit BR23, there was no real push for the BEP, aside from the recently implemented merit badges. So I would usually call it quits with PS for a month or two out of sheer boredoom (and then of course come back again thirsting for blood :twisted: ).

I like fights where the idea is to outthink the enemy, not running up to an enemy base chock full of snipers and vehicles, just to be blasted to pieces in 2 seconds flat. I have been accused of hacking and cheating in the game (you know those sorry souls who keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect it to work), and my usuall reply would be "Yes you should report me. I'm using the b.r.a.i.n hack and it's obviously unfair to you.". I believe I'm pretty good on tactical, even if my aim leaves a lot to be desired :oops: .

Since I have almost no experience in team play (other than tonight on Hossin - if you weren't there, we kicked some serious ass and left a lot of NC pissed off about Zotz :twisted: ), I might be a bit rusty when it comes to keeping a tight formation, but I'm willing to give 'er a go. Other than that, I can't think of anything at the moment because it is 3am and I'm barely awake, so I'll shutup now.

Crusti

"What do you mean the CC is inside? Why can't I hack it from inside this BFR...."

Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:06 am
Alliance Member

Hi there Crusti. I'm glad you enjoyed squading/platooning with us. I look forward to seeing in the game again.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:41 am
DARKie

Great playing with you last night, Crusti. I'm sure we'll see you again soon.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:48 am
DARKie

Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:25 am
DARKie

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:59 pm
DARKie

Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]