|APPLICATION for [DARK] - (read before posting)
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||PhunkSauce [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 pm ]|
|Post subject:||APPLICATION for [DARK] - (read before posting)|
Steps to Join DARK:
1. Register an account with darkhq.com (use your in-game name, please). The register button can be found at the top of the page, just under the DARK logo. It only takes a few seconds.
2. Read this post to learn our basic rules and get a feel for what we’re about; make sure you can meet our requirements.
3. Create a post of your own in the "Entering the DARK" forum with your Planetside name in the subject line. Please use the format provided at the bottom of this post for your application (just copy and paste).
4. Roll with DARK for 14 days. If you're not in squad or TeamSpeak, send a /Tell to one of our members online.
A Little About DARK:
• DARK was created in PlanetSide 1 on July 17th, 2004 by Malign on the Emerald server, VS. Most of the founding members of DARK defected from the TR empire and outfit Anarchy 99. DARK was made to be a special kind of outfit made up of select people. An outfit full of mature, disciplined players who fight hard, have fun, and work well both together and in concert with members of like-minded outfits. We remain true to that after switching fully to PlanetSide 2.
• Many of us in DARK were previously fed up with other outfits and the zerg mentality prevalent in the game. We were fed up with juvenile behavior, daily broadcast spam, and directionless and unstructured play.
• There is a marked absence of "crap" in DARK. Please keep your "crap" to yourself. We do not appreciate negativity, drama, or whining.
• We are an outfit of mature gamers. This typically means adults, as younger players rarely mesh well with us. We realize however that maturity isn't always about age.
• We respect each other, and we earn each others respect.
• We generally play with organization and goals in mind. These goals are not necessarily capturing or defending bases. We are a tac-ops outfit. We regularly roll with armor, air, or on foot. Whatever it takes. We flank, infiltrate, defend, and drop behind enemy lines. Be on your toes, we are versatile.
• No matter what we're doing, how much fun we're having or facing a particularly tough night, we're doing it together. We believe strongly that it's not only the game content that makes it all fun, but more so the people you're experiencing it with.
Our Basic Rules:
1. Be ready to redeploy at a moment's notice. We try to foster a laid-back environment, but also ask that you respond quickly when the situation calls for it. This could mean spawning at a base, dropping on a leader/beacon, pulling air/armor, falling back to the warpgate for a gal drop, or even switching to another continent.
2. Teamspeak is required. No microphone? No problem. Listen mode is just fine.
3. DARK is a VS-primary outfit. Alts are certainly allowed, but Vanu is home. However, alts on the same server are generally frowned upon, and engaging other DARK members in battle is not acceptable.
4. DO NOT team kill. Nothing brings disrepute on an outfit faster than having TK’ers.
5. Work with your team. It's fine if you can't get onto the continent or just feel like doing your own thing for a while, as long as you explain what you're doing. However- anyone who just doesn't want to work with their DARK teammates or consistently fights with leaders/teammates- shouldn't be in DARK, and won't be for long.
6. Get along with your teammates. DARK is a community as much as an outfit. Again, we do not appreciate negativity, drama, or whining.
7. Remain in the Shadows. If accepted in DARK you agree to refrain from arguing outfit or VS tactics whether in an external open forum, or in in-game channels. What you say is a direct reflection of both you and DARK. Participating in childish rants will not be tolerated. DARK values its reputation and anyone whose behavior brings DARK into disrepute will be asked to leave.
8. Play reasonably often. DARK members are expected to both log onto PS2 as well as darkhq.com at least weekly unless personal circumstances prevent it. We ask that you post in the "Leave of Absence!" sticky in the Whispers forum for extended time away from the game.
Our Squad Pact:
1. Leaders will set waypoints/smoke on items of interest and invite outfit members to squads ASAP upon request. If it means they die while doing it, then they die while doing it.
2. Squad members will follow their squad leader's directives promptly and to the best of their ability. Everyone is obviously free to do their own thing outside of ops; but during ops, we may need all members present in order to be successful. Even outside of ops, DARK members should be able to rely on one another and will often stick together.
3. Squad members will assist the squad leader in maintaining the discipline and collective mindset that marks a DARK squad. If you know something isn't right, take the initiative and do what you can to make it right. If it becomes a larger issue, notify your SL or outfit officer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. In game name (login name should be the same):
2. Do you have any alternate characters you play on Mattherson or on other servers? If so, please list them here:
3. RL First Name:
4. RL Age:
5. Time zone you play in and your frequency of play:
6. What or who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know here:
7. Anything you'd like to tell us? Additional comments or questions here:
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group