View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
CrusherMcGee 
DARKie

Post CrusherMcGee
I just realized that I never filled one of these out, and now is as good a time as any.

1. In game name: CrusherMcGee

2. RL First Name (optional): Silas

3. RL Age (optional): 34

4. Email address where we can reach you: Elliott946@aol.com

5. Timezone you play in: EST.

6. What brought you to DARK? I originally started playing PS a little over a year ago (playing on Konreid) and a good friend invited me to join a small, growing outfit that he was the #2 guy in. It was a great time. Good group of folks, I got to know all of them, and we all grew together.

After a few months, my daughter learned to crawl, and I simply didn't have time for PS anymore. I said my goodbyes and spent the next 6 months running around the apartment chasing after her. Eventually, we got things under control and I again had time for PS.

When I came back, not suprisingly, I had been booted from the outfit. The outfit had grown very rapidly and was now one of the largest in both numbers and in OP. While I squaded with them a few times, the feeling was gone. They were now big and faceless, and, IMO, might have been a little lax in screening who they brought in (to be fair, they always said they wanted to be big, and there's a direct trade-off between fast growth and picky recruiting. I come down firmly on the side of picky recruiting).

After being back for a week or two, Malign approached me about joining a brand new outfit, full of good people. He and I chatted about philosophy for a while and he eventually won me over.

After playing with DARK for just a few weeks, my old friend finally realized I was back and made a push to get me to rejoin my old outfit. I agonized for a while, but the good experience I was having with DARK finally outweighed the loyalty I felt to my friend, and I finally told him "no" with enough firmness to get him to stop trying (he's a very determined sort).

Clearly the right decision. Shortly after I decided to stay with DARK, the other outfit's numbers started dwindling, and I recently noticed that my friend last logged on in November. I think DARK has an excellent chance of still being around, when my former outfit is a memory. I'm proud of that.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us? DARK is going to go through a few changes with Malign's departure, but I will do everything I can to make sure it remains the best damn outfit in Planetside.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:36 pm
DARKie

Eh? I don't know about this one Mal...I thought we were being selective?

:lol:

Last edited by Batosai on Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:52 am
Profile YIM
DARKie

:lol: er.. Welcome to DARK Crush!

Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:00 am
Celestial Fire

I blame Narsis

:lol: er.. Welcome to DARK Crush!

:shock:

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:55 pm
DARKie

Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:42 pm