View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
DXB's App 
DARKie

Post DXB's App
1. In game name (login name should be the same): TehDXB (25/2.7 12K)
Had "TheDXB" on a trial account and didnt want to pay $13 to sub it for the name, so I used Teh instead.

2. RL First Name (optional):
Kody

3. RL Age (optional):

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid):
DOUBLEXBAUGH@hotmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
zone = EST
Play = Wednesdays and Sundays all day, 1-2 other evening sesions (5 or 6pm to midnight).

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
Only outfit aside from DT/AC that I heard good things about from the community in general.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
Started Aug 1st 2003, played NC (DOUBLEXBAUGH 25/5 65K) for a year, then the outfit I was in started falling apart, so I tried TR (D0UBLEXBAUGH 25/4.28 23K). Joined The Overlords , who I played with for a year and a half then we started dieing out and SOE let us have 3 empires per account so I tried VS. Joined The Regiment, but they only lasted 3 months, then the Overlords started coming back so I went back to TR. Played off and on with them for another year taking breaks for RL stuff, and now they are breaking off again so I wanted to give VS another go. Which brings me here.

I didn't want to join a zergfit like AT or Gotr, and I didnt want another leetfit cause alls they do now is interfarm and duel. Each is fun in moderation, but all the time gets boring. That is why I'm interested in DARK. You are a medium sized organized outfit that runs ops, just what I'm looking for. Squaded with you tonight and had fun. Looking forward to checking you out a little more.

Certs:
MA
HA
AV
Rexo
Hack/ADV Hack
Engy
Skeet
3 float points , currently Reaver & ATV (<3 my Fury)

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:14 am
DARKie

DXB, we have many people in our outfit that were tired of a lot of different things, and have found homes here. Yes, you have a history with other empires and there is an issue with outfit inviting you only to have you decide you're going back to NC or TR. You have said that you are making VS your main, and I think at least I will take your word at face value with that.

I think your experience will only help us in whatever we choose to do. I only ask that you take a few (days? weeks?) to make absolutely sure this/we have the playstyle your looking for. DARK is not filled with killwhores, or brilliant tacticians. Whatever success we make is in large part due to the group, rather than the individuals.

I read your app twice, I understand where you're coming from. I started DARK for some of the same reasons.

See you out there.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 am
DARKie

Good having you in squad DXB- I hope you consider DARK.

We're a bunch of mature players not looking for all the drama and trash talking that goes on in game, we prefer to just play the game well and have fun.

See you in game-

OBD

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:32 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: DXB's App
thedxb wrote:
3 float points , currently Reaver & ATV (<3 my Fury)

Me too... :twisted:

Good to have you on the forums, hope to see you in game soon - We'll have to pull some furies together. :twisted:

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:28 pm
DARKie

Heya DXB, time to change that sig! Welcome to DARK!

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Alliance Member

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:54 pm
DARKie

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm
DARKie

Thanks for the invite, and sorry for the inactivity after it.

The few days I have played were fun. Its great being in an outfit that can actually run organized ops again, but like Tuesday can also take a day off and just zerg/farm a little.

As for the inactivity, I am a Assistant Manager of a supermarket, and our Store Manager went on vacation, so I picked up some extra hours, and a 6th day this week, to help cover the store. So I havent had much time for PS this week. But after Sunday I will be on my regular schedule of Sundays afternoon - whenever, Wednesdays all day, and 1-2 other nights a week 5 or 6 till midnight.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:06 pm
DARKie

-SodierFDG

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]