View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
application 
Alliance Member

Post application
Hey guys, played a lot against you and a little alongside and decided to try and throw my hat in the ring with DARK. So here is the basic info

1. In game name (login name should be the same): I have various chars I have played over the years but 95% of my time has been with TR chars, so here they are. Some of you may know my original avatar stantonhog TR on emerald but I haven't used that one in 3 years or so, next up was nighttrain2020 TR emerald, and for the last 3 months I have been playing as Spitfire Turret TR emerald, I spent a few months on my vs char Spamnalert working alongside DARK a few times, and that is the char I would join DARK with. Oh and forgot to mention my most unique char, cepiseasy TR emerald, the only cr5/br1 0 kill char amongst the 3 servers :D

2. RL First Name (optional): John

3. RL Age (optional): 41

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): stantonhog@aol.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: EST, i play way too much. usually about 3 hours a night, but quite often 6. Does lead a bit to burn out so I will usually take a 3 month hiatus every 4-5 months.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know. Been playing against you guys for a long while, and usually chat it up with some of your members. Malign has a knack for spotting my new chars, cause as he puts it, not many TR are as friendly as I am in tells.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us? I am a dedicated cave player, as in I avoid top side at all costs. Not sure if I will be able to contribute to DARK topside since I really dislike it, but I can be of use when you guys hit a cave, and could be a benefit as a scout for cave hacks to help determine if more are needed down below. Topside I try and limit myself to support type things such as ant runs and ams support, I just don't like fighting up there, (thus why I avoid topside, while i don't mind support, i like to fight :D ) Oh and while i can log into TS/Ventrillo, unfortunately I can't speak even though I have a mike. My wife has a rule, I can play games as much as I want, but if I am going to talk to anyone, it had better be her (I'll try and work with her on this though, maybe she will allow me an hour a night to talk.) :twisted: I can't say I will stay VS permently since I have played TR so much, but what I will tell you is that I don't empire hop as flavor of the day. When I switch empires, I do so for at least 2 months, I don't hop back and forth every day. My style of play has mostly been footzerg rexo/ha and always CE, but I have tried out Spitfire Turret as a cloaker to see how tough it is, and boy has my k/d suffered for it. Well anyway thats me in a nutshell, a total cave hermit who is whipped by his wife, and I hope you guys give me a shot.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 am
DARKie

Post Re: application
stantonhog wrote:
Oh and forgot to mention my most unique char, cepiseasy TR emerald, the only cr5/br1 0 kill char amongst the 3 servers :D

Wow
http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/ch ... worldId=15

Glad you have applied for DARK, and best of luck with the App. :D

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:41 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Hello Spamalert, and thank you for applying for DARK.

While many of us have alt characters on this server as well as other servers, DARK requires that this be your main character, is that a problem for you?

I think you'll find running with us enjoyable as we are an older, more mature group of guys who really enjoy gaming together. Our TS discipline is very good, and we do not use it for "play by play", and we try not to use it to just ramble. We do frequent the caves, but are not there exclusively, especially if there is no fight below as we enjoy getting our share of kills.

I hope you agree to make Spamalert your main and jump on board, your knowledge of the caves will benefit DARK and the VS.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:27 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

In my day as Dreaded I knew Stantonhog well, and have had a good respectful but still shoot to kill relationship with Nighttrain since he came back. SpitfireTurret i saw a mile away :P

The alt's rule is pretty hard and fast. We're not crazy about shootin at or getting shot by known DARK members playing alts. If you were to play VS the majority of your time (or maybe when DARK wasn't online yet, we're generally a later playing outfit) it should be OK. That being said, due to the infrequency you play on the surface, it may be less an issue with you than with other people. We have made exceptions but they're almost always across servers, never across empires. It's a bit of a deal breaker but I hope you can do it, I would love to have your knowledge and I would probably find myself caving a real lot.

See you in game J and thanks for coming! Set you up with alliance rights so you can see more of the site. Should you join you would see even more.

Mal

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:55 am
DARKie

Well look who it is. Most definitely glad to see that you want to switch it up a bit, and it will be much nicer fighting with you in the caves for a change.

Hope to see you sporting the DARK tag soon,

Soris~

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:24 pm
DARKie

Post Re: application
stantonhog wrote:
Oh and forgot to mention my most unique char, cepiseasy TR emerald, the only cr5/br1 0 kill char amongst the 3 servers :D

Wow, that's impressive, that must have taken some patience and dedication.

Also, I've seen SpitfireTurret on the killspam many times, and I have to say it made me laugh. "Oh, looks like another person killed by a Spitfire Turret". Hey, I'm easily amused. :)

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:32 pm
DARKie

so that was YOU last night on spitfire... :)
Welcome to the site - and such mmm yum :)

Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:47 pm
DARKie

Welcome to DARK! It is always good playing with or against you and hopefully we can make the caves hell for the TR and NC alike. Check out our DARK squads any time.

Thanks for coming by the site!

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:49 pm
DARKie

Nice to have another DARKie and familiar face.

See you down under... :wink:

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]