View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Hello 
DARKie

Post Hello
1. In game name
WeaselSqueezer

2. RL First Name (optional):
Roger

3. RL Age (optional):
Old. My social security number has only one digit. I remember Art Fleming on Jeopardy. I'm 44.

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): rcv2007@mdve.net

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
America/Detroit

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.
We left Anarchy 99 because of too much emo drama, and because playing TR was too easy, the VS were getting creamed every single night. Malign mentioned he was starting an outfit, and I offered to host the web site and the teamspeak server.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
Request permission to rejoin outfit. Okay, so I'm actually still in the outfit, but I've been gone for a few months and I thought I might introduce myself to the newer members this way.

The chinese gold farmers and duping bugs have completely destroyed Vanguard SOH, even if you like playing with people who wouldn't dream of trying a quest without looking up the spoiler first.

There is one other important factor to my return... I have new glasses and I can actually SEE again. I never needed them before, and it took me a long time to realize that's what was happening. I love PS, but it always gave me a headache, especially gunning (my favorite). I played a few hours this last weekend with my new Zeiss Progressive IC-Berlins, and I still got a headache, but it was from the TR and smoking a couple too many cigarettes and not from my eyeballs flopping around like escaped goldfish.

I'm currently shuffling certs, but looks like I'll be doing more of the same support stuff... (I'm terrible at 1 on 1 against big guns, and not terrible in a good way, really bad). Combat engineering and advanced medical I've had a while, but I'll be adding advanced engineering and advanced hacking. Not sure what to give up yet.

Thank you for your consideration, resume attached, references available upon request.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
DARKie

Welcome back Wease - Glad you got your goldfish fixed. :wink:

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 pm
DARKie

Funny post weas- glad to see you for the first time! Did Rolands post about the cr3 thing have anything to do with it? :wink: J/K of course! I love to see adv meds, just follow me around and you'll get lots of opportunites to be of service!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

this guy is kinda shady, i say we allow him to group up a bit prior to actually joining.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:10 am
DARKie

Ummm, isn't that kind of what this outfit is about?

Shady/Dark seems like it works.

:wink:

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:48 pm
DARKie

Hey Drim, didn't you notice where he is from? No swooning and whining about the green blue north?

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Actually, I'm CR3 (with a > 2 year old toon) because we get a lot of new players who need the exp, and frankly, it's just never been that important to me. Now that the game is a bit more... how shall we say... ripened? ...I don't expect command chat to be the King A-Hole Stupidfest it used to be. I'll take squad lead when absolutely no one else wants, and I need feedback on strategy... or I'll put up a waypoint with the instructions "KILL THE RED GUYS" next to it and get back to turret-monkeying.

There is a nice balance of power here. I'm a professional developer, and I have use for a web server that isn't on my overpriced mersh-grade home ISP. This year I've upgraded to my own hardware and somebody else's very clean power and phat net pipes. I enjoy playing the game with such well seasoned and skilled gamers, and the web site and voice service are a small nip out of my terabyte bandwidth. However, this casts a pall on my actual skill, which at times is barely adequate to claim membership with this elite outfit. Thanks for putting up with me.

P.S. we have some CR5s in outfit with very complementable global diplomacy skills (*cough* Bayn-K *couggh*). They put a pleasant and positive spin on advising a team of unpaid volunteers towards military tactics. It is a notable skill, I wish my manager in RL were a little more savvy.

Jeez, I gotta stop writing at work, I'm waaay too serious. Hey, did I mention that this server is my old gamer box? Thousands of hours of PS played on these CPUs, whoo hoo!!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]