View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rielo 

Post Rielo
1. In game name (login name should be the same): Rielo

2. RL First Name (optional): Morgan

3. RL Age (optional): 36

4. Email address where we can reach you (yeah, it has to be valid): morgan@allison-allison.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play: Central / hard to say. Every day right now, but only because I'm obsessing. Probably cut back to a couple of times a week and an hour or two a session.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know. Was searching around for an outfit that sounded like a good fit. This one is at the top of my list.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?

I'm a dedicated infiltrator. I spend probably 90% of my time in an infil suit. The rest of my time, I am doing engineering support. I am BR 20, CR 1. My certs are advanced engineering, advanced hack, AMS, ATV, Mosquito, and, of course, infil suit. I've been gone a long time, but came back for the adv engineering, and I am liking it.

One reason I play infil so much is that I go afk frequently, unexpectedly, and for sometimes long periods. (Wife and kid, and sometimes work.) Mainly, what I like is to be given a mission: drop a gen, take and hold a tower, harass incoming troups, recon, set up an advance Objective Rally Point (with AMS and CE), that sort of thing.

I guess the reason I want to join an outfit is that I want my missions to mean something. I do what I do because it's fun, but it would be even more fun to do it with and for folks I know and like. But I've been avoiding squadding up and joining outfits because most folks wouldn't understand why I have to go afk so much. So, if you guys can put up with that, and willing to let me go off and blow stuff up behind the lines, I'm yours. :)

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:18 am
DARKie

Thanks for the application, Rielo. While having a squad leader AFK can be annoying, we certainly understand where you are coming from - A lot of married people with families in this outfit.

Look forward to seeing you on the field... Or not seeing you... Infiltrators :wink:

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 am
DARKie

Good to see you Rielo. We will look for you in game and send an invite.

If we don't respond fast enough, we usually have squads listed with the name DARK / Celestial Fire.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:32 am
DARKie

You sound like you found a home here Rielo. Welcome.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanks, guys. This outfit does sound like a good place for me, from what I can tell so far. I look forward to meeting you guys in game.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to lead a squad if I might have to go AFK. That's why I only have CR 1. I'm not worried about it, though. I just wanted CR 1's ability to set waypoints, so I could communicate more effectively. The other bennies of the higher CR's don't really interest me much.

...Although the reveal enemies ability would be damn handy, come to think of it. OTOH, having to give up equipment space for the CUD, I don't like much. On the other other hand, I could just throw one into my wraith. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 pm
DARKie

With so many, I wouldn't think finding space for a CUD would be a problem. :wink:

It's always a worth-while gadget though... EMP, Reaveals and of course, OS. :twisted:

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:24 pm
DARKie

Ah an infiltrator! Good to have another person who can simpathize with me when I shout over TS about sneaking into an interlink only to accidently uncloak right infront of 15 enemy because my dastardly fingers hit the wrong key...

Oh and; If you stick with us you'll probably end up with cep sooner rather than later... even if it's as a second/third squad leader, (that way you can safely go AFK once the squad is listed)

Many of our active members are at/near cr5, and we're never ones to waste cep, plus you never know when you'll need those shin-guards! :)

At any rate, look for us in game, and we'll look for you :) As Roland said our squad(s) are generally listed ingame as DARK/Celestial Fire or Celestial Fire/DARK or some variation there of...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 pm
Alliance Member

An Infiltrator who likes blowing stuff up, I don't know....sounds like fun. Look forward to teaming with you in game.

Welcome to DARK, Rielo.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:23 pm
DARKie

plus you never know when you'll need those shin-guards! :)

Silly infiltrators! Tricks are for kids! :wink:

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Ah an infiltrator! Good to have another person who can simpathize with me when I shout over TS about sneaking into an interlink only to accidently uncloak right infront of 15 enemy because my dastardly fingers hit the wrong key...

Yep. I understand. As an infiltrator, I've discovered all kinds of new and exciting ways to die. I try not to worry too much about my K/D, but I do, and it's abysmal. Ah, well. Such is the life (or lack thereof) of the infiltrator.

Quote:
Oh and; If you stick with us you'll probably end up with cep sooner rather than later... even if it's as a second/third squad leader, (that way you can safely go AFK once the squad is listed)

That would be cool. I always like new shiny gadgets to play with.

I had a good time last night, though I died way more often than even I normally do. Working in the caverns will take some getting used to, as will being part of a team, but I do take orders well, and I don't mind helping out with AMS duties. I'll see you guys again, soon!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:57 am
DARKie

I think you'll be right at home here in the DARK. Lots of good cloakers running about, the other day, everyone in our squad was cloaked(7-8 peeps). It was pretty cool. We also run events periodically, they are alot of fun too. Mal(the old fart) even comes out of retirement to grace us with his presence for those!

If you go afk, just let us know. Through TS or chat, and we'll cover for you.

Caves: Have no worries there, Juryrig LOVES em! Just have to be careful with him cause he'll lead you off to some dark corner and take advantage of you. He's funny like that.

And for that K/D ratio, the adv med's love it when you die, so no worries there. We as an outfit are more concerned about objectives than K/D ratios. It's about winning the war, or achieving the task at hand more than how many kills you got zerging across some bridge for hours.

See you in game!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Don't kid yourself, I have seen Malign play 3 more hours just to get his K/D above 3:1.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:19 am
DARKie

Don't kid yourself, I have seen Malign play 3 more hours just to get his K/D above 3:1.

This would be a case of the pot calling the kettle black :wink:

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 am
DARKie

Roland wrote:

This would be a case of the pot calling the kettle black :wink:

True story. :wink:

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:07 am

Well, if my K/D is over 1:2, it's a good day. My goal is to have it even some time. But what I do doesn't usually kill lots of folks. I would take HA or something if that was what I was in to. Anyways...

So, are there any super-top-secret hidden folders for members on this forum, or is this basically it? What do I have to do to prove myself worthy of double-secret-ultra-hush-hush clearance if there are? I'd like to discuss some ancient ninja secret infiltrator strategies and such but wouldn't want our collective wisdom to fall into the wrong hands. 8)

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next