View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
XK1 Membership App 
DARKie

Post XK1 Membership App
1. In game name (login name should be the same):
XK1

2. RL First Name (optional):
Paul

3. RL Age (optional):

4. Email address where we can reach you:
knightfist@hotmail.com

5. Timezone you play in/Frequency of play:
PST.. three or maybe four nights a week for a couple hours. Almost never on Saturday as I have a standing engagement.

6. What or Who brought you to DARK? You watched us on the battlefield? You spoke to a member? Let us know.

This is kind of complicated and my exclude my membership. I was digging through the PS forums looking for a good Emerald outfit. I see the Celestial Fire post about two or three pages in. So I drop by their website and post an intro. I go ingame and try and hook up with them to check it out. So I joined a squad. I start doing /tell's with Malign, and I find out they've only got one guy on. I'm looking for a strong active outfit. I realize that they can't build back if nobody joins, but that recruiting post was way old. They aren't pushing the recruiting that I can see.

I'd prefer to play with an outfit that has more people on during my playtime. So would most people. One guy and you is not so good. I got down to that point with my outfit on Markov at one time and stuck it out, but in that case, I'd been there for a year, not just freshly posted. Anyway, they have not accepted me. And I wish to withdraw and apply to Dark instead for the above reasons.

I realize there may be politics, and I could get dropped by both outfits because of it, but such is life.

7. Anything you'd like to tell us?
I play NC Markov. My character there is Nightfist (BR25, CR3). XK1 is an old character I made a couple years ago. He's only BR10, but he has the two year term of service award. I have never been in any outfit on Emerald. I only roled him up to test out the Vanu.

I am bored of playing NC over on Markov, and I'd like to play another faction now.

Anyway, I am very solid player with lots of experience. I was running with you squad last night, and I like the way you guys play--nice and tight. I like to fly air support. I am decent and rapidly getting beter. It's a new emphasis for me. I have the Magrider cert, and I love tanks, but I lack two points of certing engineering, making it a somewhat lame cert atm. So I am not using it and will likely decert it in favor of engineering so I can at least gun for someone until I get more points.

I also have UNIMAX cert. I had to. The MAX's can fly. Anyway talk it over and let me know. I completely understand the situation. It's my fault for not getting in and squadding before applying.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:14 pm
DARKie

Also please note, I did already withdraw the app to Celestial Fire. It was not approved yet. They simply told me to get ingame and squad up a bit to get to know them, which I already tried to do last night only to find only one guy on in my playtime on a Friday night, which isn't such a good sign.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:17 pm
DARKie

I like ya, and If you had come to DARK first this wouldn't be an issue. But just please be aware that DARK and Celestial Fire play hand in hand almost nightly. Last night was a major aberration in regards to CF numbers. Out of respect for Wrathchild and his troops there will be just a short discussion regarding your app.

On the flip side as OL here I'm very glad you liked what you saw. Last night was the zergiest you'll ever see us, at least while I'm online. Our outfit event was simply that.. a full night of figuring out what you can do better when grunting. Judging by our turnout and the kill totals I'd say DARK is in good shape there. On a normal night we're more vehicle oriented (how's your mag driving! :D ) and selectively gruntish.
So, definitely thanks there for liking what you saw enough to come post here.

Lastly just let me say I know you don't mean to put anyone out, and mean no disrespect to anyone. Should you join DARK you will see Celestial Fire in numbers on any given night so that would probably change your mind. We are very much alike and in some cases different outfits, and you'll come to see that and enjoy the partnership as much as we all do.

You've got our TS and you've registered here so hopefully we'll see more of you, regardless of which outfit you're a member of!

Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:14 pm
DARKie

That's cool Malign. The fact that you took the time to PM me first when you had no idea I was even planning to join was appreciated. It was nice of you. Thanks for letting me get on TS last night.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:32 pm
DARKie

Just want to say that XK1 drives a Magrider just fine. Thanks for putting up with my horrible Lib piloting last night too, XK.

Also, not sure how much weight this has, but I think he'd be a fine addition to our outfit. He's another Pacific time player too!

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]