[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
DARK HQ - View topic - Patch Notes (for next week)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Patch Notes (for next week) 
DARKie

Post Patch Notes (for next week)

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Patch Notes (for next week)

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

I'm still only thinking about how I can finally turn down bloom.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:23 pm
DARKie

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Darn, it's not on test server to check out.

Turret stabilization sounds a little scary, but wow the 3-5 KPH (I only saw a +13 KPH gain with racer in my tests), and 5-10 HE/AP velocity nerf is really going to make the mag useless. I'm with cal and limits, let's just give up and go play titanfall or what ever the kids play now a days.

TR and NC are getting hit with gravity AND 10-30 velocity nerfs. In some tests it seems like the prowler has a very similar time-to-kill as the magrider while using AP weapons. Am I missing something, is the prowler armor that different? The racer boosts for NC and TR were always +10KPH, not sure why we got away with +13-15. TR vs NC speeds are not far off, what 4-5 KPH, with TR having higher DPS and NC with higher armor. Hard to argue against how tight the mag feels and maneuvers. The Saron was already nerfed against infantry, so it's probably fair to balance the ML85. I think the Vulcan is already where it needs to be for this type of balance patch, lol.

It's going to be a little harder to keep an angle on tank back ends, but think of what you can do in a mag with backward acceleration and ~52-62 KPH. I'm a little eager to try turret stabilization on the lightning, as I'm usually not a fan of using it.

I'm a little surprised that you jump in here with all complaints Cal. If they're making it easier to close the gap, I would have thought you'd be eager to jump in and show them how to rule that close-med range.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 pm
DARKie

Just got done moving and this is what I see. SOE really needs to figure out what they are doing. I also see NOTHING dealing with the Lib is in next weeks patch. Thats good hope for the velocity but still..... they screwed the Mag. Going to try to be positive about this - there is nothing to be positive about to be honest. I do feel bad for ALL of the tankers and Planetsiders. I will also agree with you Phunk, something does smell VERY fishy about this update 0_0

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Smedley said he's personally fixing stuff that hasn't been fixed yet that really probably needs to be, so that's definitely where the QoL stuff is coming from.

...I think SOE is preparing for something really terrible as well. I damn sure hope they don't make any rash decisions on their business model.

{l Image} {l Image} {l Image} {l Image} {l Image}

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 pm
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Last edited by Calisai on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Oh, and on another note...

Is anyone expecting them to patch the PTS and totally fucking break it for the highly publicized and highly emotional Mattherson v Waterson fight next week? Oh, we should totally put in a patch on PTS the day before our Friday night OPs promoted Server Smash... that'll help things!

They better patch it early in the week or wait until next Tue, cause if they fuck up the servers... there will be an outcry greater than anything else they've dealt with. It's already a pretty big slap in the face to tankers and lib pilots... lets slap the outfits on two servers as well... 8)

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

{l Image} {l Image} {l Image} {l Image} {l Image}

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:38 pm
DARKie

I'm shutting up again until the changes actually hit PTS and I can check them out.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. -Bruce Lee

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

This is on PTS. I may try to use the lightning more after this. I don't think the change is real OP, but I'm not a TR/NC tanker, lol. What I think may be slightly OP (that isn't in this patch of course), and what I'd love to have the option for, is not only the vertical stabilization, but horizontal/horizontal fixed angle (as with a gunner, or when in third person). Circling a target or tracking someone zipping around the tank is still going to require some tracking/aiming skill, so I think mags and quick vehicles may still have a chance. :P

I was hoping for a bloom slider as I wouldn't mind it if it was there, but barely, but I will definitely be turning it off, yay.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:05 am
DARKie

This and the lib changes on PTS are now live: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/ind ... th.190316/

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]