View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Darklight & Stalker cloak 
DARKie

Post Darklight & Stalker cloak
Check it out here.

So, I think the implementation of darklight is actually pretty cool. Though, I think infils had enough going against them these days. Additionally, isn't that cloak way too visibile WITHOUT darklight?

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:01 pm
DARKie

Post Re: Darklight & Stalker cloak
Neat. Is there still an issue where you are not almost completely invisible if you cloak while stationary or stationary and crouched? I know that simply tapping a movement key after cloaking while stationary will fix it. Cloaking and then stopping and crouching seems to work. You guys know what I'm talking about?

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm
DARKie

Meh.

Flashlights... lol. That video is a prime example of why I routinely obliterate cloakers when they are crouching thinking they are invisible.

The cloak is only really for trying not to be caught in someone's peripheral vision... if you run across their normal field of vision at less than 20 meters, they'll see ya. If they are actively looking for you.. better get some distance and start turning corners quick... it's easy to track.

I don't know. How many people will run with flashlights on now? Seems like you are giving up your rail slot for a chance to see cloakers every once in awhile. Those with good video settings won't bother probably.

The Stalker may turn out to be an awesome anti-sniper cloak. Since range helps the cloak work better, you can walk slowly through the fields and not be seen until you get can get around behind the sniper lines. I still think the stalker cloak should be less visible than the others due to giving up its primary weapon.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Not a fan of this. Cloakers are obscenely easy to spot in PS2.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 pm
DARKie

On PTS the cloak transitioned from easy to spot to blended in very slowly. I think most people agree that if your going to be giving up your primary weapon, that transition needs to be almost instant, and make it completely invisible for god's sake.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 pm
DARKie

Yeah, right now it's not much better than a PS1 gamma hack. I get shotgunned motionless in an empty room. Maybe I have bad breath.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
DARKie

ObsidianOne wrote:
Is there still an issue where you are not almost completely invisible if you cloak while stationary or stationary and crouched? I know that simply tapping a movement key after cloaking while stationary will fix it. Cloaking and then stopping and crouching seems to work. You guys know what I'm talking about?

FIXED!!!

Cloak Improvements

• Reduced the cloak visibility when moving in all states except for sprinting. Sprinting retains the same visibility setting as before
    • Cloak visibility will now transition faster when changing from one movement state to another
      For example, cloaked players will now reach the lower visibility state faster after they stop moving
    • Fixed a bug that that was sometimes preventing the cloak visibility state from updating correctly
      For example, crouching will now always enter the crouch state. No more having to move slightly to reach the lowest visibility setting.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6615&p=43625#p43625

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]