View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PS2 Ranked 3rd Best Shooter of All Time 
DARKie

Post PS2 Ranked 3rd Best Shooter of All Time
In the May issue of PC Gamer Magazine, Planetside 2 was ranked the 3rd best first person shooter of all time, following only Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2.

You'll have to pay to read the article itself, but here's an article covering the article:

http://overpower3d.com/Articles/pcgamers-top-25-greatest-shooters-of-all-time/

OB edit: Look here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6379

I've said it before... People bitch and moan about meta game and balance and bugs ad nauseum (I'm guilty of it at times as well), but honestly... what FPS would you rather be playing? There isn't any other shooter available today with this level/balance of depth, community, gameplay, graphics, etc. Glad to be playing it, and even more glad to be playing it with my DARKies.

edit: Call of Duty didn't even make the list :lol:

edit2: OBI DON'T HIJACK MAH POSTS BWAAAAH!

Last edited by PhunkSauce on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: PS2 Ranked 3rd Best Shooter of All Time
PC Gamer was the reason I jumped into PlanetSide 1 back in the day. I wish I still had that article. I thought the TR looked cool and liked their colors. Not long after I had a TR character and was running around with Anarchy 99.

I'll see if I can get some more details on the article.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 am
DARKie

Check it out: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6379

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 am
DARKie

PhunkSauce wrote:
I've said it before... People bitch and moan about meta game and balance and bugs ad nauseum (I'm guilty of it at times as well), but honestly... what FPS would you rather be playing? There isn't any other shooter available today with this level/balance of depth, community, gameplay, graphics, etc. Glad to be playing it, and even more glad to be playing it with my DARKies.

PS1 ruined me for other FPS's. I couldn't stand even 16v16 matches... they felt so constraining. The massive number of players, the reliance on situational awareness and the vast amount of different things you could do in the game meant that any match-based FPS just didn't live up.

There are issues with PS2, but most of them in my mind start and end with it being released early intentionally. They are on record as saying they were releasing a different game than they intended the game to become. It's just a fact of life that business decisions will impact the game, that said... it's a pretty awesome game.

When I heard they were coming out with the sequel finally, I knew it was going to be the only game I would be playing for a long time, Just like PS1. With all the changes to the game, Every month seems like you are playing a different game. It's an interesting experience.

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]