[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
DARK HQ - View topic - Resource Cost Changes
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Resource Cost Changes 
DARKie

Post Resource Cost Changes

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: Resource Cost Changes
I think this will be a net benefit for a lot of us who are skilled with the vehicles we pull. This will mean that we are overrun less with shear force that 'skill' just can't overcome.

Last night was a prime example (albeit just 1 person) of what can happen. Phunk kept pointing out one guy that would hit us with a reaver, die, pull a lib and hit us again, die, and then repeat the cycle again. 1 nub wasn't an issue, but multiply that by 10 or 100 and those nubs can be an issue in those vehicles. With the changes, the noob horde SHOULD be less armed. Though us with our l33t skills should remain unaffected.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:29 pm
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Last edited by Calisai on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Yeah, I agree Cal. I suppose my comment was more focused on our outfit engagements rather than at a macro level. At a macro level, I do agree. The current resource system is like a snowball of depression for a losing faction.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:22 pm
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Alliance Member

Two solution I can think of that SOE won't do because it requires more work!

1. On all three maps depending on how many tech-plants you have it should decrease the cost lets say 25 resource per tech-plant to all Vehicles empire wide. Right now there is really one purpose for having the tech-plants, amp stations, and bio-labs they add little benefits. (Farms not included in benefits) They should add other mechanics to them that gives the empire more of a reason to capture/defend them besides "hur farming time #Goonfarm". It's not just the ESF/MBT costing more it's the game itself. Amp stations should decrease heat on turrets yes but also decrease timers to Vehicles by 10 per amp station capture sure it's not alot but it's something. Bio-labs should decrease max timers/cost SOE is just being lazy not thinking outside the box.

2.Depending on how far the front-lines is from the warp-gate pulling from the warp-gate should cost less reasoning be your pulling tanks from HQ basically so why not cost less.

(BETA MAP GO)

{l Image}

The way I kinda think it should be. It's safe yes to pull from warpgate and should cost less because look at the travel time from warpgate to front-lines your still in danger from ESF and Libs getting to it. ALSO TEAMWORK YAAA (WHATS THAT?! IN PS2) it might encourage smaller outfits like DARK to help out bigger outfits say GOKU or NNG they can request smaller outfits to go back to warp-gate and grab some tanks to help them push out.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:57 pm
DARKie

I think the problems you're running into Cal actually stem from the cert system, not the resource system.

From the on set they dev's decided allow everyone in the game to have full access to all vehicles from day one. This sounds good on paper, because it allows even the newest players to "experience the whole game", rather than grind for certs to buy the coolest toys (they abandoned this model for guns, I suppose because they decided they needed to make money somewhere). The problem is now you have to balance the cost of vehicles for both a random pubbie who is pulling his stock mag just because he wants to drive around making "pew pew pew" noises in his head, while also accounting for dedicated drivers who've spent massive amounts of certs on said vehicles.

The dev's saw a problem with the number of vehicles being pulled, and with the lackluster impact of the resource system in affecting the decisions of drivers. The problem however is that they have to slow down vehicle production by both the randoms who are pulling one-off mags, and dedicated drivers who are pulling mags consistently through their playtime. What the system should aim to do is limit mag production to this latter category, thus limiting their overall number and making it easier to balance resource costs versus the needs of the players using the vehicle. PS1 did this by making you cert vehicles, and limiting the number of certs you could have; PS2 has intentionally been developed missing that component, and the lopsided resource system is a symptom of that IMO.

The naive solution is to add a cert which reduces the resource cost of vehicles, but unless those certs are made mutually exclusive to resource cutting certs for other abilities, you eventually end up right back in the same situation we're in...

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 pm
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

A quality of life update...for infantry lol. They want to keep trying to make this work, they need more data. It's an annoying step closer to a working system I guess.

I recall when they changed resources a long time ago. People were pissed they couldn't switch between ESFs and Libs, or MBTs and Lightnings as much as they wanted to. I haven't heard any dev ideas yet on the resource revamp, but they're getting tons of player suggestions now after this change, lol.

I think I'm seeing some overreacting with the nerfed frequency that you can pull vehicles, especially the powerful gunner vehicles, and when you have a decent amount of territory. The system overall I still say toss it or disable it until it's revamped. Liberator is my main gunner vehicle, and it's a challenge to get it to work with lattice and all the AA options. Forget flying near a large TR force. After the GU11 patch I was doing the same thing I had to do before it without much issue. A gunner and I take turns pulling a lib when needed with low downtime, especially if engaging large forces or most Indar battles.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:56 am
DARKie

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]