View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
GU 11 (Mag Specific Changes) 
DARKie

Post GU 11 (Mag Specific Changes)
So, a lot of tweaks... nothing huge released. Quite a few good little things added to make things easier. Some, not so nice.

Quote:
Tank and Fighter Superiority XP
Added Tank Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy tank with a tank
Added Fighter Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy ESF with an ESF

Woo hoo... armor killing is even more profitable. :)

Quote:
Gunner Heading on Schematic
Added a display for gunner heading to the vehicle schematic on the HUD.

Finally! :D

Quote:
Vehicle Night Vision Optics
Vehicle Night Vision Optics no longer highlights enemies
Thermal Optics still highlight enemies
To compensate, Night Vision has a longer range than Thermal Optics

No substantial comment until I see them in action. From what I've seen on PTS clips, it's going to take a little getting used to. I've pretty much switched to Thermal for the FPC/PC anyway, so not huge for me, but will be a question for the Secondaries.

Quote:
Miscellaneous Changes
Pulled the third person camera for Main Battle Tanks and Lightnings out about 1 meter
Adjusted all vehicle ammo capacity certification tooltips to display the amount added instead of displaying what the new total ‘could’ be

Hopefully 1m is enough. I always thought it was cramped and annoyed it wasn't as free-flowing as in PS1. Limits situational awareness... hopefully this helps it a bit.

Quote:
Bug Fixes
Fixed issue where vehicle diagram turned red before the vehicle actually caught fire.

Lol, didn't notice this personally. I would imagine it was more breaking for those who use fire suppression ability.

Quote:
Saron HRB
Inner Radius Blast damage reduce from 850 to 350
Max CoF reduced from 2 degrees to 1 degree. This should extend its effective burst fire range.

More accurate at mid-range... but two-shot infantry. Mixed bag.... Same with enforcer, so it brings it on par. Thought it was a little OP for the secondaries anyway.... was nice while it lasted though. Saron is still going to be a monster in the right gunners hands. I believe the damage drop is only for "splash" damage which isn't factored in on vehicle hits, so it should still be the same against vehicles.

Quote:
Vehicle Appearance Slots
Added additional appearance slots to all vehicles, allowing you to fully customize your vehicle with multiple appearance items. Below you will find an example of the new slots available today, but keep in mind that not every vehicle will have all of the slots open to them.

Woo hoo, I can equip my chassis lights as well as my custom armor.. Going to be looking good during the night now. Imagine night fighting with one tank as distraction (fully lit up) and 2 others dark flanking... :twisted:

Active (PS2)
Calisai (Tech Test/Alpha/Beta/Release) - Mattherson (Youtube Channel)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Post Re: GU 11 (Mag Specific Changes)
Saron seems to be effectively nerfed Vs Infantry (the splash damage "nerf" actually made me LOL, though...like it had any to begin with?).

Saron seems to be effectively buffed Vs Vehicles.

I can live with this.

And OMG gonna pimp out Maggie....

MY PLAYERS PROFILE (cuz these fancy Sigs ain't real accurate)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:13 am
DARKie

Acuta73 wrote:
Saron seems to be effectively nerfed Vs Infantry (the splash damage "nerf" actually made me LOL, though...like it had any to begin with?).

Yea, they were using the "splash" damage to make the weapon a one-hit kill against infantry, but with a rediculously small radius of spash. I think the splash radius was the same as the FPC. When you direct hit with the weapon, it would add the two values up for infantry and ignore the "splash" damage for vehicles. (same effect with enforcer, only higher splash number)

It was a ill-formed attempt to equalize the short-range Saron with the Enforcer (which always had 1 hit kill ability).

They should have dropped the 1-hit kill from the enforcer originally when they changed the Saron... It probably would have caused way more of an uproar though... and there was a Huge uproar with Saron anyway... (I think they left 1hk in for awhile to let us get used to the Saron before putting it back down to where they wanted it).

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
DARKie

Calisai wrote:
Quote:
Vehicle Night Vision Optics
Vehicle Night Vision Optics no longer highlights enemies
Thermal Optics still highlight enemies
To compensate, Night Vision has a longer range than Thermal Optics

No substantial comment until I see them in action. From what I've seen on PTS clips, it's going to take a little getting used to. I've pretty much switched to Thermal for the FPC/PC anyway, so not huge for me, but will be a question for the Secondaries.

Night vision is pretty awful now. It may be useful again if they decide to make the game a bit darker down the line. For now? Avoid.

Calisai wrote:
Quote:
Bug Fixes
Fixed issue where vehicle diagram turned red before the vehicle actually caught fire.

Lol, didn't notice this personally. I would imagine it was more breaking for those who use fire suppression ability.

This has actually been annoying me for a long time. The HUD for the vehicle health starts blinking red and acting like you've caught fire, but nothing is happening. Especially annoying when flying a Scythe.

All in all good changes IMO, even the Saron ones :(. I'm not happy about it, but it needed to happen. As it stood, there was no reason to use the new and improved orb-tosser.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Alliance Member

after yesterdays experience in your mag cal i think the the distance scopes would serve the saron gunner best as the mag seemed to fair better at distance against infantry.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:31 am
DARKie

St4tic wrote:
after yesterdays experience in your mag cal i think the the distance scopes would serve the saron gunner best as the mag seemed to fair better at distance against infantry.

Yea, I'm not sure if it will change permanently, but my playstyle had to adapt. I was a lot more cautious and engaging at longer ranges due to the resource issue. If I lost 2 tanks within 10-15 minutes of each other, I was having to wait for resources to build back up. That's with Alpha Squad / Full membership / owning 40-50% of the continent. I can only imagine what it's like for a freebie TR player.

I'm actually considering certing up the halberd fully now. They moved our long-range power into short-range power, then slammed us with so many things that make us die in short-range. The vulcan's will rip you to shreds if you try and get too close to a zerg line.

Bleh, we'll see how it goes. Only been a day. Will take awhile for everyone to get used to the new system. (I just wish they'd up the cap to higher than 750. This having only enough resources for a single reserve is annoying.

Active (PS2)

Retired (PS1)
Calisai (Emmy VS)
Calisi (Markov TR)
Calisi (Konried TR)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

I use Fire Suppression on my Lightning and Harasser, so this change will certainly come in handy. It's only happened a few times, when I've been brought down enough to trigger the alarm, but when I used the suppression ability, nothing happened. I just figured I was doing something wrong, rather than this being a bug or design flaw. I'm sure this fix will prevent a few needless deaths.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]