View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
GU07 Preview 
DARKie

Post GU07 Preview
All VS weapons
    • The extra damage scaling at range will be removed from all VS weapons. Post patch, the VS damage scaling will match the damage scaling of the other two factions. (see how it is now HERE)

Battle Rifles
    • All battle rifles will be getting recoil adjustments, which will allow them to place multiple shots on the same target at a much faster rate.
    • In addition, muzzle velocity and/or damage scaling will get slight adjustments so that they’re more capable at range.

Scout Rifles
    • The goal with these is to give the infiltrator a viable medium range weapon, so they will get a large tuning pass that makes them better fit that role.

MAX weapons
    • A few of the underperforming TR and VS anti-infantry weapons will be getting minor adjustments to bring them up to par.
    • All faction MAX anti-vehicle weapons will be getting a large buff. These weapons will be getting the largest adjustment in the patch, with magazine sizes, rate of fire, and more stats all improved.

Grenades
    • The grenade trajectory is changing so that it is thrown directly at your aim point, instead of being angled slightly from your hand like it is currently on live.

Source

MAX Weapons:
    • Flame throwers. A version of these can be tested on the test server. Re-made since the beta version.

MAX Abilities:
    • NC - Riot shield: forward facing invulnerability shield, cannot use weapons while active.
    • TR - Lockdown: faster firing, limited firing arc, cannot move while active. Not sure on deploy time.
    • VS - Zealot Overdrive Engine "ZOE": faster firing, faster movement speed, resistances to incoming damage is decreased while active.
    • All - Fast travel: Slowly gain speed, reaches vehicle speeds. No other details found. Not sure if this is equipped, in the cert tree, or if all MAXes will have this like PS1.

UI:
    • New item and camo preview screens.
    • Global camo selector for all loadouts for infantry, vehicles, and weapons.
    • Loadout screen revamp, including detailed weapon stats (preview HERE).

Map:
    • Ally activity map
    • Capture times
    • Generator status

Source - 4:20 and 6:30
Source 2

"We also fixed an issue with the Magrider strafing up inclines that was causing it to be annoying to drive on hills for GU07" Source

2 weeks later, or some time in early May, expect to see the NS buggy and the lattice system for Indar, both were mentioned in the twitch command center video above.

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 am
DARKie

Post Re: GU07 Preview
ObsidianOne wrote:
• All - Fast travel: Slowly gain speed, reaches vehicle speeds. No other details found. Not sure if this is equipped, in the cert tree, or if all MAXes will have this like PS1.

MAXes will have this under "Passive Systems".

ALSO: GLOBAL CAMO!

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/322865591960604672

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 am
Profile WWW
DARKie

Happy as HELL to see us lose the damage falloff and the Battle Rifle buff....BUT?

Am I the only one to see an issue with the propagation of massive amounts of AV weapons and the Xp increase on vehicles? How long until "Combined Arms" is just Sundy's and Infantry because no MBT, Lightning, Flash, or Buggy has a chance? Air is still doable for now, but after no one pulls any vehicles other than as a taxi, will AA be the next power creep?

The MAX changes don't effect me directly as I don't really play MAX, just support them. But getting some AI love and toys will be good for us, despite NC still claiming their "nerf" destroyed ScatMAX....an idea I find laughable.

MY PLAYERS PROFILE (cuz these fancy Sigs ain't real accurate)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:53 pm
DARKie

More fun stuff, a short and sweet video by higby.

Look at that lasher animation, LMAO. Fun, but very distracting.

http://www.twitch.tv/las0m/b/390420726

The last FNO video has a quick flamethrower and NC MAX riot shield ability preview, but it looks like crap as it's not finished. There is a delay before the shield appears as the MAX brings it's right arm up front to deploy it. Here is the link if you want to see it, at 1 hour 56 minutes in: http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/390088078

Find me on Discord: ObsidianOne#2697

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:46 pm
DARKie

Map UI changes will be great, will be fun to do some gen holds knowing people are actually going to know they're down now.

The pistol sounds beastly, I hope we can still put a scope on it as they originally advertised.

Buggies look like a lot of fun, I'm guessing they're going to change up the ATV audio before release. I also wonder what weapon systems we'll be able to use up top.

I'm also disappointed that our ability is so lame. Gimme meh jumpjets back! This shield ability will make it even harder to attack a point from an organized NC group.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 am
DARKie

Fed wrote:
I'm also disappointed that our ability is so lame. Gimme meh jumpjets back! This shield ability will make it even harder to attack a point from an organized NC group.

I'm a little disappointed as well. The TR ability could potentially make them AA/AV MONSTERS (great, they have the striker too), and will be interesting in chokepoints. The NC ability is going to give them an even more ridiculous advantage in close range unless it takes a long while to activate. Ours will... make us more squishy and a little faster? Sigh...

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]